PDA

View Full Version : Are Wondershorts supposed to be short or longer like board shorts?

brigmaman
04-13-2005, 11:40 AM
I am excited to get Brig a few fitteds for the summer. He's in all FB now and hopefully using the potty soon, but for now I want to have an alternate plan so that he doesn't overheat in his pockets.
I'm going to try the SOS on him and I'd like to get him a pair of Wondershorts. I feel like he's too big for the other wool short styles. But I'm wondering if they would be too hot if they were a bit longer- he'd look silly in short shorts. How are they supposed to fit?

new_mommy25
04-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Short shorts, lol!

If anything there is Patchwork Pixie board shorts :)

brigmaman
04-13-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm thinking about doing those! I have bloomies and capris coming from Patchwork Pixie for Cadie.
I can't believe I just won these for her!
http://www.wahmchicks.com/item.php?id=c024c51214aa1cb7fc3936920f13b7f4
I just bid on a whim!

tarahsolazy
04-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Wondershorts can be any length you want. The pattern is a pants pattern, so the inseam length is up to the knitter. If you get a custom pair, you can just measure a pair of shorts that you like the length on, and ask for that measurement. If you are buying an already knitted pair, you just need to make sure they'll be long enough. Most Wondershorts I've seen for sale have been on the longer side, especially if they have cargo pockets. I love that pants pattern, especially with the new "perfection pants" changes, including the diamond crotch gusset.

new_mommy25
04-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Those are so freaking cute!!! Cadie will be styling! You should get Brig a pair to match.

I think Noah could use a pair of cargo wondershorts. Where are you buying them?

new_mommy25
04-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Those are so freaking cute!!! Cadie will be styling! You should get Brig a pair to match.

I think Noah could use a pair of cargo wondershorts. Where are you buying them?

brigmaman
04-13-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't actually know. There is an auction on Wahmchicks that ends in a half hour for a custom from the Knitty Kitty. It's semi-custom I guess since the yarn is already chosen. I was thinking Rumpknits, but then I checked and they are not open. I am going to wait a few weeks I think. Hopefully something will pop up by then. It won't be warm enough for shorts until mid May anyway.
I'd love them to match. For some reason (mostly just that I'm corny this way) I like them to match.
Noah would look adorable in the cargo wondershorts! I'm surprised he doesn't already have them!

brigmaman
04-13-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't actually know. There is an auction on Wahmchicks that ends in a half hour for a custom from the Knitty Kitty. It's semi-custom I guess since the yarn is already chosen. I was thinking Rumpknits, but then I checked and they are not open. I am going to wait a few weeks I think. Hopefully something will pop up by then. It won't be warm enough for shorts until mid May anyway.
I'd love them to match. For some reason (mostly just that I'm corny this way) I like them to match.
Noah would look adorable in the cargo wondershorts! I'm surprised he doesn't already have them!