PDA

View Full Version : Best Diaper Bag for Solid-Food Eaters

classyt
04-13-2005, 05:52 PM
My 8-month old is now eating 3 solid meals a day and I'm stuck using two diaper bags when we go out (my Skip-Hop which isn't insulated for all my diaper essentials and a mini-insulated diaper bag for jarred food, yogurt, apple sauce, etc.). Does anyone have a suggestion for a good-sized diaper bag (holds 3-4 diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.) that also has the space and insulation for solid food.

Signed, Mom with too many bags

classyt
04-13-2005, 05:52 PM
My 8-month old is now eating 3 solid meals a day and I'm stuck using two diaper bags when we go out (my Skip-Hop which isn't insulated for all my diaper essentials and a mini-insulated diaper bag for jarred food, yogurt, apple sauce, etc.). Does anyone have a suggestion for a good-sized diaper bag (holds 3-4 diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.) that also has the space and insulation for solid food.

Signed, Mom with too many bags

KrisM
04-13-2005, 07:52 PM
You might post this in the diaper bags forum. They are good for lots of suggestions!

I am going through the same thing with bringing 2 bags. I don't think I want another diaper bag though, because eventually, he'll just eat whatever I'm eating when we're out and I'll only bring dry snacks. For us, the jarred type of food stage ended at about 8 months. He's been on finger foods since then. We're starting to add a lot more variety so that he can eat whatever we eat.

So, I'm not saying you shouldn't get a new bag :), but I think this stage of hauling a full meal around is fairly short. Someone with older kids can correct me, if I'm way off base.

KrisM
04-13-2005, 07:52 PM
You might post this in the diaper bags forum. They are good for lots of suggestions!

I am going through the same thing with bringing 2 bags. I don't think I want another diaper bag though, because eventually, he'll just eat whatever I'm eating when we're out and I'll only bring dry snacks. For us, the jarred type of food stage ended at about 8 months. He's been on finger foods since then. We're starting to add a lot more variety so that he can eat whatever we eat.

So, I'm not saying you shouldn't get a new bag :), but I think this stage of hauling a full meal around is fairly short. Someone with older kids can correct me, if I'm way off base.

mudder17
04-14-2005, 08:49 AM
My Land's End back pack is great for solid eaters. The back pocket holds all her diapers, the wet bag and extra clothes. The middle pocket holds her wipes, her insulated food pack (I use the one I got in the hospital with formula, which I gave away), her snacks and a few toys. The front pouch (there are two of them) hold various miscellaneous items. The side pouches hold the baby bits solution and my water bottle.

ETA: even though she's starting to eat what we eat, depending on the time of day, we still like to bring her a bowl of yogurt and maybe some peas or tofu (which she really enjoys), and of course, her snack-trap full of oatios. My diaper bag isn't always full, but it was definitely useful on our plane trip. In addition to what I mentioned, I also had her lamb lovey and some of our own personal items.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 13 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!