PDA

View Full Version : Night FBs breaking my DDs back!

downwarddog
04-14-2005, 02:50 PM
OK, not literally, but when I stuff my DDs FB for nighttime, her butt is like 3 inches higher than her head! It's really crazy, and I'm not so sure I like it!

She sleeps 10-11 hrs/night and so I have to stuff her med. FBs with 2 JBs (or a nightime LJ) and a MOE or Cottonbabies. They are SOAKED by morning but no leaks so far. So no leaks is great, but I'm really getting a little freaked out by how big the dipe is on her. Can't be good for a developing back, KWIM?

Am I being overanxious or does anyone else have these same concerns? Anyone else have a better, trimmer nighttime solution for heavy wetters? I hear other mamas go on about Benjamuffins, but another Mom I spoke to said it was way too bulky too.

I just had to ask around about this. I'm close to using disposables at night, simply because the big FBs can't be good for her physical development....

~Lenore
Mom to Acadia, 9/28/04

KrisM
04-14-2005, 02:58 PM
DS was a heavier wetter a few months ago. His diaper was huge. But, he never seemed to mind. I don't think it hindered his development at all.

mudder17
04-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Kaya's night butt is always pretty bulky but it never seems to bother her. It doesn't look like it's hindered her development in any way and the chiro is very pleased with how strong her back is and how well her spine has developed, so I figure it hasn't done anything negative.

And FWIW, Kaya usually has a fleece pocket or a VB Simply Nights or Benjamuffin Nightdreamer (all large) in an X-large Aristocrat. Yes, very big, but great for my night super soaker.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 13 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

new_mommy25
04-15-2005, 02:25 AM
LOL,I cannot tell you how many times I have seen this exact post! I can assure you that your DD will be fine. my mom told me she used to triple diaper me at night! That was back in prefoldand rubber pants day. Noah has always had a big nighttime butt. In the beginning DH was alarmed but now he loves the fluffy butt:)

Honestly, I don't think there is any such thing as a "trim" nighttime solution regardless of what system you use. Sorry I am not more help.

squimp
04-15-2005, 12:55 PM
We used to use a PF with a doubler over Rikki, and it was huge. But it worked, no leaks, and DD slept like a, well, baby. And now she is walking, talking, running, jumping, climbing (!), swinging and sliding. I don't think it affected her physical development at all. If your DD sleeping 10+ hours at night, I'm sure she's comfortable. So don't worry! Soon she'll probably start rolling over onto her tummy to sleep (like a little bug), and it will all be in the past.

american_mama
04-15-2005, 10:43 PM
I am such a newbie cloth diaper user (2 months), but I was one of those many other posts that Angie mentioned. I have changed DD out of diapers solely because they seemed too big and bulky for my taste, and I have only ventured into CD at night a few times. I believe in my head what all these ladies are saying about it being fine, but I know what you mean about just not feeling it. Right now, I tend to be happier using disposables at night mostly for the bulky reasons.