PDA

View Full Version : Pampers Swaddlers & Pampers Baby Dry???

WeasieG
04-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know the difference in fit between Pampers Swaddlers & Pampers Baby Dry???
I can't tell from the packages, and I've heard that Pampers is the best fit for baby boys [DS is a week old].
Thanks!

omgrown
04-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Are you using them for a newborn? If so, I really liked the Swaddlers for my DS when he was a tiny newborn (well, at 8lbs 3oz he was never really tiny, but I digress). I didn't use the baby dry's when he was that little, but I did try them recently (I use CD's mainly, but sposies for outings and traveling, so alot lately) and I really didn't like them at all. The Baby Dry's don't have any stretch to them which if I remember correctly the Swaddlers do. I found the BD's to be leaky too, not the Swaddlers. The Swaddlers were really the only diaper I found that didn't leak around the leg holes when his thighs were super skinny (which I think most newborns thighs are for a little while at least). If you are, in fact, asking for a newborn, my recommendation are the newborn size swaddlers (depending on how big you think your baby will be, some go straight to size 1, we started with NB) but maybe only 1 large pack to get through the first week or so and then see how you like them. They were nice too in the NB size they fold down in the front for the umbilical stump which was a big issue for us.
HTH

ETA: I just noticed your ticker and see that your DS is a week old. Sorry to confuse the issue :-)
I definitely like the Swaddlers much, much better than the Baby Dry. There, simple answer ;-)

WeasieG
04-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Sarah, thank you! I was asking about a newborn, and DS was 8 lbs, 10 oz, so he was a big boy, too. Guess I'll be returning those Baby Dry's! :)

Canna
04-17-2005, 08:55 PM
I agree... the Baby Dry have no stretch in the tabs, so they are much more difficult to put on. They have been my least favorite diapers so far, although we really didn't have leaking problmes with them...it just takes more time and adjustment to get them on our DD.

ETA: I bought a box of about 200 size 1-2 Swaddlers at Toys R Us on sale this week for $27...pretty good deal.

omgrown
04-17-2005, 09:24 PM
No problem, and Congratulations on your new little :-) man!!!