PDA

View Full Version : Would this annoy you?

new_mommy25
04-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I know that it is part of doing business on the TP but I am still kind of annoyed. Here is the story..

A couple weeks ago there was a woman absolutely pleading for diapers. Her son was outgrowing his Kissaluv O's, she needed lots of fitteds, didn't have a lot of paypal, etc. Anyway, it was a very sob story and I am a sucker. I contacted her and worked out a partial trade. I sent her 11 diapers and she sent me some paypal. She is also supposed to send me some TTO and hand dye Noah a tee. I sold the diapers for very cheap because she was so desperate. I was planning to sell them on ebay as a lot but felt like this woman really needed the dipes. It also cost me almost $8 to ship so many dipes so in the long run I actually lost money but didn't mind because it felt like a good deed.

I just saw this woman on the TP selling my diapers for waay more than she paid. Okay, maybe she really needs the money and maybe the diapers weren't right for her DS but GRRR!! Also, I haven't recieved my trade items which I should have a week ago. I just sent her a friendly reminder saying I hope she has not forgotten about me. Sigh....

I guess this should go in the bitching post.

KrisM
04-18-2005, 06:08 PM
I would be annoyed! If the diapers didn't fit her DS, I don't think she should be profitting on your good will. She could have sold them back to you, or passed them on to another needy person at the same price she paid. It sounds too much like a scam this way. I hope you get your trade items.

omgrown
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
That would annoy the heck out of me. The least she could have done if they didn't work for her DS was resell them at the same deal you gave her, kind of pay forward the good deed. Plus no word on the trade items? Sounds like a bad TPer to me. I haven't bought anything there, but is there a feedback forum? It may not be grounds for neg. feedback but I wonder if she's done this before. Hope you work things out with her.

calebsmama03
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
That would REALLY tick me off!!! If I were you I'd leave feedback for her indicating what transpired to warn future nice mamas that perhaps they shouldn't cut her such a nice deal in response to a sob story. Then again I'm 35 weeks pg, and hormonal/bitchy now so maybe someone slightly more rational has a different opinion ;)

I'm glad I didn't see the post as I've got some dipes in saod shape that I'd have probably sent for free!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple due 5/21/05

searchdog
04-18-2005, 06:12 PM
If you already had the items she was supposed to have sent you then you could be a little firmer with her.

I personally think she should sell them for what you sold them to her for or ask you if you want them back.

I would email her and tell her you don't appreciate it, but not until you recieve what she is supposed to send you.

new_mommy25
04-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Okay, she did respond to my PM almost immediatly and said the whole fam was down with the flu and she is going to dye Noah's shirt soon.

The whole diaper issue annoys me but at this point I don't think there is anything I can do. After all, what she is doing is wrong morally but it isn't against the rules. I think I just need to be more careful. I hate these situations. A while back this woman on the street suckered me out of money. She said she lost her purse and had no money to pay to get her car out of the parking garage, her dad was sick and very worried about her yada yada. She even wrote down my address and promised to send me the money. When I went home and told DH the story he almost died and told me that I would never see the money. I held up hopes for months but of course he ended up being right.

pritchettzoo
04-18-2005, 06:33 PM
WHAT? That violates the rules doesn't it. You need to post to her thread and say, "Hey--if the diapers didn't work for your son, return them to me; I lost money on shipping them to you. And I haven't received X." You can also contact the moderators or something. That's total crap! Leave feedback too if she doesn't correct the situation.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

papal
04-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Annoy me? That would make me MAD AS HELL!! She should have just emailed you and said they were not working for you and returned them.
People are so rude! Sorry girlie!

nohomama
04-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Okay, so unlike the situation where a mama recieved religious litereature with the wool cover she bought from a WAHM, I actually think you should contact this person before you leave feedback. I realize that you've already contacted her regarding the as yet unrecieved trade items that she promised you but you didn't mention that you were upset about her reselling the diapers. Give her the opportunity to tell you what's going on. Tell her that you would have appreciated her selling the diapers back to you for what she paid since you sold them to her in response to her plea for help and did so at a lose. If you don't find her response satisfactory, then leave her feedback. Also, if you do so, make sure that what you wrute is a dispassionate retelling of what transpired. People will get the drift and it'll be far harder for her to dispute something like that than feedback that blasts her character.

kthomp
04-18-2005, 07:54 PM
I agree with Rashmi, I would be on a rampage if someone did that to me!

I know that most times it is legit, but isn't it funny that when something is missing or e-mails go unanswered it's always because their family has the flu? :P

brigmaman
04-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Ack. How wrong. She's making money off of something she hasn't even paid for yet. Technically those dipes still belong to you!!

squimp
04-19-2005, 02:21 AM
Well, she may not be too bright, selling the dipes on the same forum where she bought 'em.

I would be mad as hell too. Bitch away. But I'm also the person who gave money once to a woman on the street in Seattle whose story sounds very very suspiciously similar to the story you were told :). I like to think that I'd rather have an open mind and get suckered every once in a while...than be the opposite.

We women trust each other a lot - it's a good thing - but that makes it so startling when the trust is abused.

ChicagoMama
04-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Contact a mod. That's more than annoying -- it's a scam.

ETA: On top of that, if she has time to post diapers on the TP for sale, and manage the PMs, and respond quickly, and all that other jazz, then she surely by goodness has time to dye up a little old t-shirt. Flu-schmu. Call her out on her yucky TP behavior. Tell her she needs to return the diapers to you promptly. She can't sell what she hasn't yet paid for. I'm really burning up over this one, can ya tell?

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

mommyj_2
04-21-2005, 04:00 PM
I would also be really mad. I think it would be fine to sell the dipes for the same price she paid. I agree with the PP who said if she has time to post dipes for sale and respond to PMs, she definitely has time to dye a shirt.

toomanystrollers
04-23-2005, 06:45 AM
I would also PM anyone who has responded to her diapers for sale thread - mentioning what she's doing!!

kijip
04-23-2005, 11:41 AM
The same type of thing happened to me at the opera once. We had an extra ticket for a sold out night but I did not want to sell it that night. So I gave the ticket to this nice young man who said he loved Wagner and was a music student blah blah blah. He had a little sign saying NEED 1 CHEAP TICKET or whatever. Well, I get inside nearly an hour later and there is this girl sitting in the seat. Hmmm, well she had bought it from the rat I gave it to! Apparently this guy hits all the theatres with the same thing...sheessh.

What kills me Angie is that people like this make nice folks like us meaner!!