PDA

View Full Version : what is everyone gonna use for summer diapers for your super soaker

ladythepup
04-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Hi all,
I am venturing over to fitteds and wool and i was wondering what everyone is gonna be using for summer diapers for your super soaker or heavy wetter.

mudder17
04-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Let's see...I have a potpourri of diapers for the summer.

2 Bijou Baby Gear Basic, with a microfiber towel tucked under the doubler.

2 Kindhearted Women Hemp fitted, w/ or w/o a microfiber towel

1 Mudpiebaby w/the front doubler folded over + a microfiber towel

1 Sugarpeas front snapping (seconds) hemp fitted, size 1 w/a microfiber towel

1 Sugarpeas side snapping medium (seconds) hemp fitted, w/a microfiber towel

1 Tykie side-snapping diaper (I have 3, but am selling 2 of them because DH prefers front-snapping)

1 SEZ cotton pocket with hemp inserts

1 Little Beetle Lite (the regular is more absorbent, but it's too small for Kaya, so I'm selling that one)

1 Benjamuffin side-snapping day time diaper w/doubler

1 Patchwork Pixie something hemp fitted

I believe these will all be sufficient for my heavy wetter

And if those Elbees ever show up in time for summer, 1 fitted and 1 pocket fitted

For wool, I have a pickle pants soaker coming, a BF soaker, an Ebay soaker (Tinker something), a stacinator (for when I need trim) stretch wool, and an angeldry front aplix wrap.

For nights, I have 1 Benjamuffin nightdreamer, 2 Very Baby Simply Nights, and 2 aristocrats (1 L & 1 XL).

Depending on the temperature, I have fleece pockets as backup during the summer.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 13 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

pittsburghgirl
04-19-2005, 09:31 AM
We are trying mostly soaker shorts for the summer. I have a Bridgets, Little Blue Frog Works, BJM, and a Green Mt Wee Woolies on the way. Also Pickle Pants. I also have a Cuddlebuns wool cover and a SugarPeas merino cover which I will use.

I think for outings when we'll be out longer, I may get a couple of nylon pants to use over fitteds which should be more breathable than my old reliable Fuzzi Bunz. We tend to be in the car a fair amount when we're out so I'm concerned about the wool shorts wicking while he's strapped in. (We've successfully used them for quick trips to the grocery store, though!)

I have a real variety of fitteds, but the ones that seem the most absorbent are:

Righteous Baby FLAGs
muttaquin one-size (velour - yummy!)
bottombumper side snap
SOS
Tykie
benjamuffins daytime

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

lizajane
04-19-2005, 04:24 PM
the side of a tree!!! lol!!!

seriously. i can't decide if i want to let schuyler pee outside or not because i am afraid if we let him do it once, he will always want to pee outside-no matter where we are!

when he is not in the mood for using the potty (we only used ONE diaper yesterday!) we are having great luck with motherease airflow covers! something that works... at last!! i use a MEOS with a ME doubler or a hemp doubler when he is not in wiggles underpants. :)