PDA

View Full Version : What's your ultimate trimmest diaper + cover combo?

ktshea
04-19-2005, 06:54 PM
I know trimness has been discussed a lot here lately, so please forgive me, but I don't have a solution yet. :) My mom keeps buying DD those cute little skirts that are made out of very unstretchy fabric and have the attached bloomers. They are adorable, but I can't even get the elastic over DD's cloth bubble butt. I'm moments away from cutting those darned bloomers right out of the skirts, but I thought I'd see if you ladies have any ideas before I start hacking away. I don't care what it's made out of, I just can't spend time stalking for a hyena-type dipe. Any ideas? What are your faves for super-ultra-trim fit?
Katie

PS - she's almost 5 months old and I think she has chunky thighs, if that makes a difference.

pritchettzoo
04-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Firefly diapers with a Bumpy Day cover. www.fireflydiapers.com for the Fireflies. Bumpys are at lots of places.

Pam swears that Bumkins AIOs are trim. I got some on her recommendation (do a search or just scroll back a page or so for her post with pics), but I haven't tried them yet. They're in the dryer.

Fuzzi Bunz are also trim depending on your stuffing.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

stillplayswithbarbies
04-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Fireflies with a Snapeze cover (the thinnest cover I have ever seen!)

Or ElBees.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

ktshea
04-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Thanks gals! I'm off to the TP's to see if I can round up a Firefly to try out and then do some cover shopping... I appreciate the suggestions!
Katie

american_mama
04-19-2005, 11:25 PM
My daughter is also 5 months and is a light wetter, so she can use just a Joeybunz or Hemparoo insert with a pocket or a wrap cover. That's trim. I find that an insert with a Fuzzibunz is thin, but gets bunched up between the legs and is bulky there.

brigmaman
04-19-2005, 11:35 PM
For a little while before Cadie outgrew her infant seat, the diaper I put on her for outings had to be her VB aio because it was so trim. Otherwise the straps wouldn't fit. :o

nitaghei
04-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Yup! Bumkins AIOs are super-trim. As in practically disposable thin. I got a medium in my original sampler from Naturalbabies, and used it quite a bit until DS outgrew it. I'm seriously considering getting a large just for the diaper bag or for DH to use - since it really is like a disposable for either purpose. :) Just not too crazy about the flannel interior.

The other AIOs that are incredibly trim are Daisy-Doodles - these really are CD equivalent of thongs.

And - I just got my AngelDry covers. Both the wool and the lightweight windpro ones are very, very trim, especially with the Doodlebottoms hemp fitteds. And soooooooo soft.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

tarahsolazy
04-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Not a fitted and cover, but AIOs from Very Baby (lots of contractor WHAMS), and Bum-Ware are disposable trim, almost! They have birdseye cotton inners, so not flannel like the Bumkins (you can pick flannel or birdseye with the Bum-ware). The VBs are more expensive ($15 for a medium) than the Bumware ($11) or Bumkins (?$13). You can get custom Bum-ware dipes in less than a week, the VBs tend to have a 2-4 week turn around time.

www.bum-ware.com
www.verybaby.com (list of other WAHMs that make them)