PDA

View Full Version : pins anyone?

SeekerMage
05-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Im seriously thinking of trying pins with my prefitteds. The snappi just doesnt hold it well enough (the center part doesnt grip on the fabric). Does anyone use thme? I was thinking about the Dritz pins, otherwise I know I have some gerber ones somewhere. Are they hard to use?

new_mommy25
05-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I use pins very easily. I can get them on just as fast as a snappi and I've never poked DS. Get the dritz. Gerber pins suck. They are sharp enough and it's hard to penetratethe fabric.

american_mama
05-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Funny, I asked about why anyone would use pins in a post a while back, and a day later I found myself using one. I have a Kissaluv contour that doesn't hold a snappi, plus sometimes pins seem to do a better job. It helps to stick the pin in a bar of soap as the soap coating helps it go through the fabric easier. I have read that you can cover a bar of soap with pretty fabric and store all your pins in it like a pin cushion.

mommyj_2
05-04-2005, 12:03 AM
You brave mamas! You must be much more coordinated than I am. I never used pins, but that's because I'm too much of a clutz to hold sharp objects. LOL

RiaHannam
05-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Heck yes, I'm a pinning fool!
There are some good pinning tutorials out there on the net. Let me see if I can find some links for you.
Once you get the hang of it, there is nothing like a great ole' pinned prefold. I LOVE IT!

If I can't find the links tonight, I'll do so tomorrow!

KrisM
05-04-2005, 06:57 AM
I've tried pins, but feel like I have to push so hard to get them through that I'll stick someone for sure. I'll try the soap trick though and see if that helps.