PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the experts.......really need help

elle630
05-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Okay here goes. I have 10 (11 months on the 14th- though they were born 2 months early) twin daughters. I am a disposable user. I have ordered two Monkey Cheese Baby Things Diapers which are All in 2s. I have also ordered 6 Swaddlebees which should ship to me mid May. I have also purchased 2 wool soakers? Personalised with the girls names so I guess I will use these for going out?

How many more diapers do I need? What kinds of diapers would you recommend for underneath the wool covers? I realise I have ordered 2 AI2s and 6 pocket diapers. Now I am looking for great covers, and either fitteds (your recommendation for the best in your opinion please) and some prefolds (again recommendations for the best would be so greatly appreciated!)

And anything else I might need. Can you tell me? I know I need some bags to store the dirty diapers when we go out, a pail for the dirty diapers, I recall reading about tea tree oil and lavender oil but I don't recall what they are fo, and some spray for the babes buns.

Oh yes and Lanolin? What is this for and how often do I use this?

One more thing: Do most of you use a mini sprayer? I have heard they are wonderful.

So recommendations please!

Love, elle

MMEand1
05-03-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't know much about the diapers that you bought (we use CPF's), but I can say that I do have a mini-shower and love it!! When we have poop, I can just spray the majority off of it before I throw it in the pail.

Some of the other ladies should be able to give you better advice about the diapers as they are so knowledgable over here.
Good luck in your CD adventure!
Mariah P.

toomanystrollers
05-04-2005, 05:17 AM
I'll try to help :)

For fitted dipes (great for under wool covers), check out the selection of Sugarpeas at www.naturalbabies.com

For a diaper pail, I actually prefer the xl size zippered pail bag at www.happytushies.com

For dirty dipes on the go, I usually end up using a big ziploc baggie or grocery bag (despite having a couple of cute wetbags - LOL)

Tea tree oil can be used in the wash as a disinfectant (just 2-3 drops), but I can't use it - my dd behind broke out in a rash from it. Lavender oil (just 2 -3 drops) can be used in your diaper pail for odor control.

Lanolin is for "lanolizing" your wool covers if/when they start to leak. Personally, I don't lanolize my covers - I just use Eucalan wool wash (I like the lavender scented stuff) to keep my covers fresh & waterproof. I wash my covers once every 2 weeks.

Minishower - In my opinion, a must have :)

HTH

mommyj_2
05-04-2005, 11:18 AM
This is JMO, but Sugarpeas were not absorbant enough for my DS at all. He soaked through them with one pee, and we wouldn't have been able to use them under a wool cover. I would buy one or two to try before buying a bunch, if you decide to try them. Also, for some reason my Sugarpeas didn't hold up well at all...not nearly as well as my Mudpies or Lucy's Hope Chest.

jec2
05-04-2005, 11:53 AM
I too wasn't thoroughly pleased w/ my sugarpeas. Finn soaked right through them so quickly. Although I hear the SP's fleece covers are GREAT! I still haven't tried one, but think I am going to for summer. Again, naturalbabies.com is a great place to get those.

I love my mudpies and S.O.S (the latter of which now are SOOOOOO impossible to get).

For Prefolds, try granitesmith on ebay. That is where a lot of mommies get prefolds. I haven't bought from her but if I was to buy pf's that is where I would go.

I think getting a load of pf's for you babies is a great and economical way to start CD'ing. Then, if your budget allows, to start playing around with Fitted's and AIOs.

As for AIOs so far I only have Very Baby and I LOVE them. I soon will have a few Mudpie AIOs but I like the VBs so much I'd recommend trying those.

good luck :)