PDA

View Full Version : AIO from Ebay

JBaxter
05-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Has anyone purchased any diapers from "independent" (WAHM) manufatures? They had some listed on ebay AIO's new I purchased 3 @ 3.75 each with $5 shipping. Is this a good thing? I just wanted to hear others opinions.

Thanks
Jeana

Logan 13 Connor 10 & Nathan.....
http://lilypie.com/baby2/031115/0/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]
Suprise!
http://lilypie.com/days/060101/4/10/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

mommyj_2
05-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Do you have a link to the auction? You could PM me with it if you don't want to post it here. I bought some AIOs from a WAHM off Ebay, and they were awful. I used one of them once, and it looked like it had been used 100 times after one washing. I don't remember the seller, but I would recognize the dipes if I saw them. I was excited to be getting a good deal, but I ended up with 2 unusable dipes that I would never resell.
Hopefully this is a different WAHM and her dipes are good.

JBaxter
05-03-2005, 02:30 PM
PM'd you. I told the seller I really hoped I liked them because I was going to review them on this board! LOL
Jeana

mommyj_2
05-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Those dipes look totally different from the ones I bought. I'm so glad they're not the same ones! I hope these work out for you.

stillplayswithbarbies
05-05-2005, 09:23 AM
I bought a diaper from an unknown WAHM on eBay once and I will never do it again. It was usable, I guess, if you don't mind elastic shifting around inside the diaper to go up the buttcrack instead of around the thigh.

And it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. Crooked, and missed stitches, and snaps that didn't match up. and stitching that went back and forth like the sewing machine tried to eat it. (which is what happens when I try to sew so I have to right to talk, really)

I kept it, because I couldn't imagine giving it to someone else, and I can't bring myself to throw things away.

That was my lesson learned. Now I stick to known products that have been reviewed, or at least have been seen in person by other people.

I understand that people have to start somewhere, but the way to start is to make some diapers and use them yourself and then ask for testers among friends and then sell some cheap ones in public as testers, and ask for honest feedback and act on that feedback. Not by making up something that you think looks sort of like what a diaper should be and selling it on eBay.