PDA

View Full Version : You think I have enough wool?

nitaghei
05-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Within the last month, this is what I've acquired, or have on the way:
1 Angeldry wool interlook cover
1 New Life Woolens/ WoolyBumBums shorts
1 Busybee WIO (merino) (with extra soaker)
1 Angeldry WIO (jersey) (with extra soaker)
1 Wildoats WIO (flannel).

I'm sort of in shock when I look at that list. Quite a spree, at least for me! :)

Oh yes, not wool, but I got a Angelwrap AIO from Susan (slknight) off Swap and LOVE it. This is our only print dipe.

I need a 12 step program. sigh. Sprish - it's your fault.

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

houseof3boys
05-06-2005, 12:36 PM
I think that your new siggie is hysterical!

Yes, you definitely have enough wool now Nita. You are too funny. I hope you enjoy all of your new wool.

pittsburghgirl
05-06-2005, 02:16 PM
If wool is your crack, I'm hopeless (several covers, multiple pairs of shorts & longies...):)

Sounds like a good stash! Enjoy!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

mudder17
05-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Wow, that's great! ...er...no, I mean, Bad Nita! ;)

It actually looks pretty good and not too much wool. You'll have to let me know how the Angeldry and Wildoats WIO work out for you in terms of fit. I'm curious also about their trimness.

And yes, the Angelwrap AIO would be perfect for your light wetter. By the way, do you want another one? ;)

And I can't really blame Sprish for my two sprees. The Apronstrings Pockets spree was because of Pashmi and the Bijou Baby Spree is because of Spangie. :D Of course, I think it was also Spangie who encouraged me to sell off everything that didn't quite work (thanks!).

At this point, I'm glad the weather hasn't gotten too warm yet, or I wouldn't have enough diapers (not counting the PFs) to get through a cycle. Fortunately, it has been cool still, and I've been using the fleece pockets still during the day.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 14 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

nitaghei
05-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Eileen,

Just got the AngelDry WIO. It's cut exactly the same way as the interlock cover (exact same width in the stride). In terms of bulk, I would say it's comparable to the Busybees. The fabric feels really similar. And the FOE makes it trimmer, even though it's cut wider - does that make sense? The soaker is a trifold, and I think it's probably more absorbent. In any case, it would be really easy to add a MF towel to help.

I really need to post pics. I got purple FOE and touch-tape. Steph topped one of the soakers with a coordinating robot print fleece, and the other with a cow-print. Looks very cute. I'm considering adding on appliques by hand. Maybe after the in-laws leave.

BTW - I tried on the New Life Woolens shorts - and they fit like bike shorts on my skinny kid. Neel didn't seem to care for them too much - but he was generally cranky then, so I'm going to try again, and see if he likes it better. The wool is very soft, but I think he didn't like having it against his waist. My picky, picky boy.

The Wildoats should be here soon. Royal blue with lime green serging.

Nita (wool is my crack)

nitaghei
05-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Marilee,

To truly appreciate my insanity :) - you need to keep in mind that DS is in daycare 5 days a week, and I plan on leaving my precious wool for his caregivers to use.

Nita (wool is my crack)