PDA

View Full Version : Twins and cloth diapers

Nemesia
05-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Okay, here is the story:

My dh and I are currently matched with a birthmother who is carrying twins! We are absolutely thrilled! We planned to use cloth diapers, but we were only planning for one baby. So, any thoughts on cd'ing for two? Here's what we already have:

12 preemie Euro PFs
12 preemie IPFs
12 size 0 Kissaluvs
24 infant Euro PFs
6 newborn Proraps
5 small Proraps
1 small Bummis super whisper wrap
1 small Fuzzibunz
2 snappis
1 large Bummis tote
2 dozen Kissaluvs wipes
2 dozen sherpa/velour wipes

Thanks for any advice you might have. We will probably wait until we bring the babies home to add to our cd stash. We have already experienced one adoption loss, and we know that there is a 50% chance in all domestic adoptions that the birthmother will decide to parent.

Jennifer

JBaxter
05-07-2005, 01:41 PM
I just started to CD my son and he is 18 mos. It looks like you have a really good start I would get 2 more snappis or some pins ( we loose our snappis :() You also have the right idea when they get here you can order more ( the fun stuff). You will also see what works best for you PF vs Fitteds vs AIO. Congrats and I will keep my fingers crossed.
Jeana

mudder17
05-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, it's hard to say for sure, but most twins are on the smaller side and therefore would probably be using preemie PFs and kissaluv 0s. DD was 7 pounds at birth and the infants just seemed enormous on her, so we used mostly preemie PFs (had 36 EPFs) and kissaluvs at night. So my thought is that you might want an additional dozen of the preemie PFs. You can always use them as doublers later, so they're not wasted. Typically, you might want 40 diapers for twins, and wash every day. Eventually, you'll want more infant PFs as well. The number of newborn covers is probably sufficient (I was able to get by with 3, but you might want a couple more as backup, especially because they're so inexpensive. You could also get a couple of Especially for Baby nylon pull-ups (BRU) instead. These are also inexpensive. A similar thing would be the Bummis pull-on pants. If, for some reason, the adoption falls through, you can still use the 36 preemie PFs for a single baby later on (and even if the baby is bigger, you can use them as doublers), and the covers being inexpensive will not be much of a loss and in fact, you may find you like having extra covers. I would also get more small covers, in case the babies are bigger than you expect.

Finally, I might add an extra dozen wipes just because they're so darn useful! And a minishower, since it'll make clean up that much easier. This one's not a necessary item, but it sure is nice to have. :)

I think I wouldn't worry about adding any fuzzi bunz or other gussetless covers until you're sure they're going to work well for your babes.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 14 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

nathansmom
05-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Your list is about what I had for my newborn twins. I did have a few xs fuzzi's. Keep it simple and don't buy too much to begin with as you don't know whats going to work. Also don't beat your self up if it doesn't work out. I gave up after 2 weeks, I couldn't keep up with laundry along with adjusting to having 2 babies in the house.
Good luck with your adoption.