PDA

View Full Version : sooo many diapers don't fit!

holliam
05-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Well, miss Mari has been blessed with very big thighs and bum and her waist is tiny in comparison. Very few front snapping diapers fit her because the waist gapes when the thighs fit. Many side-snapping mediums don't have a large enough rise for her bum!

Some front-snapping fit if they are trim in the right places like Firefly (but not Sleeptight) and Daisy Doodles, but Elbee doesn't fit at all.

I'm going to have to sell so many lovelies, and I have not yet finished testing diapers on her.

But, it looks like the ones that fit her best are brands like Mudpie, FCB, Daisy Doodles, Berry Patch, Bizzy B Hive. I am betting that Righteous Baby will fit her well too.

I'll post to the swap list before MDC TP for sure!

Holli

rrosen
05-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Holli,
You may find that Mari's shape will change in the coming months. The more mobile a child gets the more they lose those extra rolls,lol! Some dipes that did not fit Gabrielle at all when she was 7-8 months fit perfectly when she was 12+months. Don't sell the ones you really really love yet.

It all is a big game of trial and error. I doubt you would find one of us who has not had to part with a dipe because of the wrong fit for our kiddo. But, the hunt is more than half the fun!

If your Mudpies fit, I bet your Tykies and RB will too.

Have fun with your fluff fashion show!
Happy First Mother's Day too!

JBaxter
05-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Diddo on the pp. Wait for a while and see if she doesnt slim down or stretch up in the next month or so. When she starts to "move" either crawling or cruising you will be suprised how much her little shape changes.
Jeana

tarahsolazy
05-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I agree on the changing body thing. Forrest sounds like he's built just like Mari! He outgrew mediums at about 7 or 8 months, because of thighs and rise. He had plumber's crack, even if the front was below his belly button and the thighs fit. Elbees are also not a great fit for him, I just sold my two larges because they were in EC, and MDC is gushing Elbee, so I wanted to get a good price! That being said, Forrest has slimmed down, but his bum and thighs are still chunky compared with his waist. He could wear mediums again, except the rise is still too low. I don't think their rise ever shrinks, KWIM? However, don't rush to sell dipes you love, wait a few months, and see how they fit. Forrest can now wear one type of front-snappers, Loveybums, although that's all I've tried. Other dipes that fit his body type well are Mudpies, Valor Kids (I have 6 customs!), and Celestial Baby, who is reopening soon! Fireflies fit, but I think they fit weird, so I don't have any, the snap arrangement drives me nuts. Oh, and Harleyz pocketz fit like undies.

mommyj_2
05-08-2005, 10:45 AM
I agree with the PP. My DS was the chubbiest baby, but once he started walking, he slimmed waaaay down. His body type totally changed, and he fit back in dipes he had outgrown. It's totally common for this to happen, so I would hang on to the ones you love.

psophia17
05-08-2005, 10:59 AM
I had this problem with Nathan, and couldn't afford to replace the CDs that didn't fit him well, so I got creative with the snapping.

If you have an FBs, the best trick was to snap the flaps only to the top row of snaps - this gave extra room in the thigh, and the waist was mroe form fitting. I also don't keep the snaps on his side-snapping CDs parallel - they fit better if the top row of snaps is tighter than the lower row. I have also found that CDs without elastic in the front fit better - there's less likelihood of droop, KWIM?

But as Nathan has been thinning out more, I have also noticed that I can snap his thighs up tighter...not by much, and not with all dipes, but it's noticible enough that I noticed it (boy does that phrase sound smart ;)).

holliam
05-08-2005, 11:40 AM
The Tykie mediums do not fit at all. I can't get them around her thighs! I haven't tried the larges yet.

Holli

pritchettzoo
05-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Another vote not to sell them off yet! Once she starts crawling and then toddling around, her shape could change.

Front snapping--you don't have to snap them neatly. Snap where the thighs fit and then snap where the waist fits. The blump in the fabric will smooth out when you put the cover on.

Hope everything else is going well! :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

mudder17
05-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Based on what I recall, Mari isn't much different in size from Kaya (Kaya's a tad over 20 pounds with chunky thighs, but maybe not quite as chunky as Mari, now that she's slimmed down, but her waist is still tiny compared to her thighs), and she definitely needs a large Tykie. The Bijou Baby (large) also fits her very well. I'm getting ready to try a front-snapping large Tykie and will let you know how that goes. But I agree that most side snapping diapers fit better than front snapping, but my search for more front-snapping goes on, LOL.

Oh, and the very baby front snapping medium turns out to work perfectly for a trim fit. For night, I need the large VB side-snapping (although I don't have a front-snapping to compare).

I agree with Becca to hold on to some of your favorite diapers for a little while because they may fit better later (Kaya used to fit in a large SEZ, but they're now on the loose side and she's back in mediums).

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 14 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

toomanystrollers
05-08-2005, 02:37 PM
I'll vote that you sell everything that doesn't fit on BBB swap }(

papal
05-08-2005, 06:01 PM
waaaah!!! i was hoping there were pics of Mari!! Holli, we want to see your cutie pie!!!

todzwife
05-08-2005, 07:24 PM
No kidding!! I was thinking the same thing! Where are the pics?????:D :P

brigmaman
05-09-2005, 07:35 AM
ITA w/ Pam!!}(
And yes, I too am jonesin' for some pics!!

holliam
05-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Sorry gals.. I don't have many fluffy pics yet. I think there is just one in these. Liam and Mari are on the mend but now I am so sick, and I have to start a new job today.

http://www.holliam.org/Mari/photo9.html

Holli

papal
05-09-2005, 07:59 AM
TOOO CUTE!!! She is just so adorable Holli!!! Congrats once again!
Also, i had to LOL when i saw her changing station and the stacks and stacks of dipes!!!!! :)

DebbieJ
05-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Love the pics! She is a doll!

My fav is the one of her playing with Liam's beard. Precious.

Hope you are all feeling 100% very soon!

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

JBaxter
05-09-2005, 08:48 AM
She is beautiful. How do you ever put her down! Congrats on your new daughter.
Jeana

mudder17
05-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Oh, Holli, she's looking beautiful! And she looks right at home, too! I love the pics of her playing with Daddy's beard, petting the kitty, and playing the piano. And the two of her with Mommy and with Daddy are just precious! Okay, so the diaper is cute, but I know there are tons more out there. :P Good luck on your new job and I hope you feel 100% soon so you can enjoy your family and new job!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 14 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

pittsburghgirl
05-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Oh, Holli, she is absolutely adorable. I loved the embroidered dipe!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

pritchettzoo
05-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Such a sweet little face! :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

tarahsolazy
05-09-2005, 01:11 PM
She is so sweet! Cuddle up that baby girl, its the best way to feel better.

squimp
05-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks for sharing - she is ADORABLE. I just love the pics of her sleeping - so sweet.

She will be running around kicking that soccer ball before you know it!

toomanystrollers
05-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Awwww, what great pics! Together at last :)

brigmaman
05-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Ah, that's better. Ok, I love the 7th and 8th pics w/you. So sweet. :)
Then the pic of Mari touching Liam's beard is adorable.
But my fav is the last one...check out those yummy thighs!!

jec2
05-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Oh, Holli, she is beautiful! I have been thinking about you all and hoping the transition is going well. I was all smiles thinking about your first Mother's Day too! Congratulations again :)