PDA

View Full Version : Well, I am now down to ALL FB pockets....advice for big kid, young age!

kijip
05-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Due to a recent spurt of growth, Toby has outgrown the MEOS diapers and his Aristocrat covers. I have packed away the old MEOS and some sorry assorted dipes and covers. Since he WILL NOT stay still for a cover plus diaper set-up, I packed away 2 Firefly fitteds and all of the ME AirFlow covers.

So as of now my stash in use consists of 9 FB larges with 6 more on the way (yea! BBBSwap). So 15 FB larges and mostly prefolds for inserts. Pretty simple, eh? I am reluctant to buy much else since Toby is in training pants off and on. But since I hold no delusions of a not very verbal boy fully potty trained by 2, I am not hanging up the diapers yet. I never thought I would have to say so long to most of his diapers before he was ready to potty-train. But he is a big 35 pounder and super tall with half of his heft located in his thighs. Limits my options for future purchases! Any spiffy, super absorbant cloth pull on traning type pants I should consider? Think "Toby wants to go out without a diaper but I don't want his accident to soak onto his carseat" type situations.

JBaxter
05-09-2005, 05:47 AM
This is a little off subject but what is the BBBSwap?
Thanks
Jeana

mudder17
05-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Wow! Okay, let's see...SEZ has some pocket training pants that snap, but she also has some pull-on, if I recall correctly. I also know that her training pants go all the way up to very very large sizes, so you might be able to find some stuff that works. I imagine that if the training pants are stuffable, they won't be the pull-on variety, but you can check. Ruth will be open for customs at the end of May, but you can e-mail her to find out if she has anything you might be looking for.

HTH!

ETA: Jeana, BBB-Swap is a yahoo group that many members here can buy and sell (usually) baby related items, including diapers. You need 50 posts and 60 days of membership (you're almost there) to join. You can also sell on DiaperSwap2 which is not related to these boards, but does basically the same thing and has a larger membership group.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 14 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!