PDA

View Full Version : All my fluffy mail is here!

nitaghei
05-10-2005, 12:12 PM
WOOHOO!! The Wildoats arrived yesterday - a wonderful vivid royal blue. The sewing is fabulous. This completes my mini-spree.

Sorry no pics as yet - last night was chaotic - to say the least. And we woke up at 6 am this morning to the sounds of "Mine! Neel poop!" - and went in there to find a naked toddler - almost. His dipe was hanging on by 2 snaps - and he was waving his jammies like a flag. At least the dipe *was* on. The thought of having to deal with poopy bedding first thing in the morning is not one I care to entertain. :)

There will be an all wool fluff exhibit as soon as I can convince my model to cooperate. And hopefully nothing bad will happen to my beautiful wool today. I left the MONKEY dipe at daycare, and DS's regular care-giver called in sick. I knew there was a good reason why I never splurged on cute dipes and Hannas. This is too nerve-wracking.

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

mudder17
05-10-2005, 07:32 PM
ROTFL!!! Okay, that would have been a video worth taking! :P I'm glad you didn't have to deal with the poopy bedding. Okay, so suffice it to say that your toddler can remove his diapers, snaps or aplix!

Hopefully you'll get your hands back on your monkey diaper soon and we'll get to see pictures! Yay!!!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 14 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

nitaghei
05-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I *knew* I shouldn't have left my wool yesterday - but I didn't have any choice. :( When I went to pick up DS, the shell from his Little Lambs AIO was in the wetbag - and the wool Busybees was in the diaper pail. x( Fortunately it was right on top, and it seems okay after airing overnight. His regular care-giver (who loves the CDs) is back today. WHEW!!

My model is still not being cooperative - can we say sleep deprivation? sigh.

I did take my first crack at lanolizing wool last night. The AngelDry WIO definitely needed it. Steph had told me, so it was my fault for using it without. Even so, no major disaster - the cover was damp, but no leaks - and this included a 35 minute car ride. BTW - she really has top notch CS, IMO. She even prewashed the hemp for the soaker 3 times before making it. How nice is that?

I'm not so optimistic about the Wildoats WIO - which also needs to be washed and lanolized. It's as wide in the stride as the Sugarpeas - so it might not fly with Neel. It is such a beautiful dipe, though, and I'm crossing my fingers that my picky child will approve.

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)