PDA

View Full Version : newborn fitteds?

SeekerMage
05-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Are kissaluvs the only reasonable option for newborn or BF baby poop diapers? Or do other newborn sized fitteds work just as well? Aside from the CPFs that is.

JBaxter
05-14-2005, 05:35 PM
I have been asking that question on another board. KindHeartedWomans and loveybums were also recommended. I am continuing the research. I also just received a Sunflower Derrierer AIO for my DS and it is very nicely made ( Chelsea) also does smalls 7-15ish I think. If the fitteds are as nice as her AIO I will probably have her make me some.
Jeana

pritchettzoo
05-14-2005, 05:53 PM
If you search for newborn fitteds on MDC, you'll come up with tons of WAHM-made alternatives.

I think Kissaluvs are so popular because they're easily attainable and relatively inexpensive.

Um, is there anything you want to tell us? ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

em_jon98
05-14-2005, 10:31 PM
I just received a Very Baby NB fitted and a KL size 0 and I have to say they were really comparable in fit and size. Plus, the sherpa on the VB was just lucious...I wanted to wrap myself in it.

BTW, just so no one gets any ideas, they were for Lindsey's dolls. I figured it is a sneaky way to slowly bulid a NB stash and have it ready when we are ;).

SeekerMage
05-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Nothing to tell just yet...hopefully soon though. DH is still on the fence about another one but we are not stopping the chance of it none the less. Sooo hopefully sooner then later. (Lil'bit took 2 years soo Im crossing my fingers for the next one!) Im hoping if I get a good stash going and find out prices he might be a little more open to the possibilities knowing there is one less expense to worry about as diapers is really the only one (unless its a boy) at this point. Sooo here is to hoping!

Kate888
05-15-2005, 10:19 AM
From Nolan's stash, I also like Sugar Plum baby (readily available), Righteous Baby (Fit Like a Mitten), Loveybum (I prefer OV, the QD sherpa is bulkier), Patchwork Pixie, Muttaqin Baby (takes longer to dry) and Kindhearted Women (hemp). They work equally good at containing BF poop. Kissaluvs are great, but needed a doubler to make it more absorbent. I've also heard good things about Tykie.

There are sooo many options out there! HTH a little :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02 baby Nolan 5-2-05 http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/babyboy.gif

pritchettzoo
05-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Well, good luck then! I'm sorry if I sounded nosy.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

natividad
05-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Well, they may not be the only reasonable newborn option, but certainly, for me they are. My newborn stash right now consists of a combination of CPF's, Kissaluvs and MotherEase extra small Sandys. I could have gone the WAHM route, but decided to go with what's readily available and less expensive. I figured that they'll grow so fast out of these diapers that for us it doesn't make much sense to get real fancy stuff. Also, the less absorbency issue does not bother me because newborns [specially BF ones] need to be changed so often.

Naty,
Mommy to Alexander - Feb. 2003
and baby #2 - EDD May 05

SeekerMage
05-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Not nosy at all! I appreciate the support from everyone here and Im sure I will need it. With it taking 2 years the first time around, who knows how easy or hard it will be this time. There will either be a lot of joy or a lot of tears and all the female support I can get I will need. Especially with DH still on the fence about the whole "when" factor. He was supportive to begin with, but in a differnt way, this time, who knows how he will be. soooo thanks for being nosy :)

mommyj_2
05-17-2005, 10:32 AM
I used Kissaluvs with DS, but I think I might try XS Sandy's next time. They don't have the belly button thing, but if you used PFs until your baby's stump fell off, I think they would be great. I'm not sure, though, since I only had one small Sandy's for DS. I liked it a lot, though.
Good luck convinving your DH, and then getting pregnant. Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I just bought it, and I really wish I'd had it when we were trying to get pregnant the first time.