PDA

View Full Version : Adult diapers for toddlers?

amydiara
05-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Ive got a dilemma- my 16 month old son has gotten so big, Size 6 pampers just arent working. He is 35lbs and 37+ inches tall. He wears 4T. Hes not chubby at all, just looks like a 3 year old.

Amyway, he sleeps on his stomach and now, even at nap times he wakes up soaked. During the day we are ok, but I cant change the sheets and his clothes 3 times a day. Ive tried Huggies- they seem smaller than even pampers. Ive asked the mfgs about pull ups and they are less absorbant than regular diapers Im told. I have tried the doublers- it didnt work.

Im now considering trying Depends at night/naps but the smallest ones Ive seen say they are for 100+ lb people. Has anyone else tried this? Are there any "adult" diapers that run really small? I dont want to waste the 20 bucks on depends, which I hopefully wont need myself, if they arent going to work for the baby. I dont see potty training in our near future, so Im getting desperate!

Note: Im looking for disposables!

JBaxter
05-18-2005, 12:58 PM
what about the Goodnights training pants they come in bigger sizes and are like pullups
Jeana

Logan 13 Connor 10 & Nathan.....
http://lilypie.com/baby2/031115/0/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

emelsea
05-18-2005, 07:06 PM
If you have a professional pharmacy near you (the kind that sells medical supplies), they might carry diapers that are made for bigger children, or they might be able to get you a pack. I don't know if they are made by Depends, but there are disposable diapers out there for adolescents.

kijip
05-19-2005, 01:21 AM
What about adding a disposible doubler- I have seen them next to the disposible diapers in BRU. My son is just about the same size as yours (but about 5 months older- he is 35 pounds and over 36 inches tall) and I know he can fit into sz 5 Huggies and Pampers. So I am assuming the size is not the issue as much as absorbancy? Just a heads up, drugstore Depends are for adults who are pretty much going to know to change them after 1 wetting (not personal knowledge, my mother was incontinent). She found them to be not very absorbant and sat on a surgical pad in addition to the diaper to catch leaks. So I don't think that they will work. Maybe you could use a smaller diaper as a doubler for naps and nights if you can't find disposible doublers.

amydiara
05-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

I did try the doublers- they dont seem to work, I dont understand why. I tried them becuase i had issues with the diaper seams splitting due to being so wet and all the foam or material inside the diaper would cover my son and its gross and hard to get off.

ANYWAY, I found a online store that sells diapers for adolesents (never thought of this) and they are sending me some samples to try!!! I have high hopes!!!

Amy