PDA

View Full Version : Your Dream Cloth Diaper

psophia17
05-19-2005, 09:29 AM
How would you describe the ideal cloth diaper - inserts, doublers, soakers, linings, etc. - what really floats your boat?

Mine would be a cut exterior print that can handle lots of hot washes, then a waterproof middle part you can't see or feel, lined with a plain old ordinary white fleece. It would be side-snapping with no elastic in the front part, and would have enough snaps that I could snap the top snap 2 snaps tighter than the thigh-hole snap without stretchint the materail oddly.

The soaker would snap-in as well, and be a tri-fold with a fleece top, and it would have the snaps in the corner (not the middle!) so that no edges would ever touch baby's bum. Also, the tri-fold is nice so you can fold in a doubler (or two) if need be.

This is my dream...what's yours?

Saartje
05-19-2005, 01:43 PM
Front-snapping. Snaps and cut of diaper set up to accomodate thick baby thighs with a thin toddler waist -- and adjustable enough to fit my boy as he grows progressively taller and skinnier. (Ideally, it should also accomodate babies with different shapes, as well: the buddha bellies, the chunky monkies, and all.) Absorbent, with a snap-in or lay-in fleece-topped doubler for added absorbency that washes cleaner and dries faster than it would of all the layers were in the diaper.

So far, I think I've described an SOS. ;)

Since you described a waterproof layer in yours, I'll add a trim wool cover that fits perfectly over this dream diaper and never leaks to my wish list.

tarahsolazy
05-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Side applix or front applix, prints that are unusual. Check out the fabrics at www.valor-kids.com . Fitteds, so no waterproof outer. QD soaker, either snap in, or sewn in at one end, ala Fluffymail. I like sherpa inners, and sherpa or OC soakers. Relatively easily available, and about $20 per large fitted dipe.