PDA

View Full Version : I'm SOOOO bummed....is this silly??

Judegirl
05-19-2005, 01:41 PM
I got the dipe I was *most* looking forward to today. It's a gorgeous print, but I didn't discuss the the thread & snap color, which wasn't customizable on the site, so I would have had to think to bring it up, which of course I didn't. :( The color she chose is the *one* color in the print that I hate, but I figured it wouldn't show up too much (I don't think it's really dominant in the print itself, but maybe that was just the way I wanted to see it!)

So now I have this long-awaited, beautiful diaper in a pattern I love, that just screams the one color I NEVER buy for dd. :(

(I'm being vague about the diaper because I don't know if this WAHM is ever on the boards and I wouldn't want to upset her because it's completely my fault and I know she worked hard to squeeze me in.)

I guess I could try to sell it for what I paid order another and see if she'd do it in a different thread & snap color...but I was so excited to get it.

Am I being ridiculous? Would you be disappointed too?

:(
Jude

tarahsolazy
05-19-2005, 01:57 PM
The curse of pink, huh? Any way to just use it anyway? I know what you mean, though. I got my last ever order of Valor Kids dipes (she's no longer doing customs :( ) and I mis-remembered one of the prints, so I was dissappointed. I thought I'd gotten chickens, it was white tigers instead. Oh well, it still fits great.

Judegirl
05-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Tarah, sssshhh!!!! LOL. Yeah, I'll probably just use it...I was just maybe trying to rationalize buying another.... :)

jec2
05-19-2005, 02:18 PM
I'd go ahead and use it. Finn wears TONS of a color (blue) that I have tried to stay away from. But, because it looks so wonderful on him I cannot help but buy it. And although I know you prefer gender neutrality, I think a little pink in either a girl's or, gasp, a boy's dipe won't compromise your overall intention. And hey, should pink one day become Riordan's favorite color then hey, you've got something already to appease her :D

mudder17
05-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Jude, you could always send the diaper my way. :P I didn't love pink, but it looks great on DD and so I do have diapers with pink in them so they'll match her pink clothes. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 14 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

tarahsolazy
05-19-2005, 05:16 PM
I have a great tie-dye tee from Tie Dye Dreams that has quite a bit of fuschia (ie pink) in it, and it looks great on Forrest. DH and I both love it. I also have some regular CPFs that I tie dyed, and they have a significant pink component as well.

pritchettzoo
05-19-2005, 05:43 PM
You're not silly to be disappointed, but I'd use it anyway. I'm sure our boy will wear pink diapers every once and again. Just think of it as being all-inclusive... Men do wear pink! There are lots of pink golf shirts and dress shirts.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

jec2
05-19-2005, 05:46 PM
I love finn in lavender and he has worn quite a few lavender pieces! I am totally ok with it. I almost bought him a "girl's" Hanna shirt last year (it was a multi-colored patcchwork with pink in it but the sleeves were just a bit too puffy) AND, if you watch the Apprentice, you will see even Trump sports pink shirts and ties quite a bit! (although, with the hair he wears, I wouldn't give him a lot of style credit, lol)!

papal
05-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Yeah.. today there was this really hot guy in bread and chocolate and he was wearing a pink shirt. baby pink. of course, he would have looked good in a potato sack. or nothing on.heheheheeee.

toomanystrollers
05-19-2005, 06:09 PM
ROFLMAO - potato sack HUH?

Ok, back to diapers - use it Jude :) We won't tell!

kensjen
05-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Rashmi-LMAO! You naughty girl! :)

Jude, I think I would just use it. I have had the same thing happen many times, and I just use the diaper. I know many WAHMs who wouldn't mind making you another diaper, so that is always an option. But I would only do that if it bothers you too much.

Judegirl
05-20-2005, 01:32 AM
LOL guys...what a reputation I have here!!! I don't have an ideological problem with pink! (I love fuschia and dark purple) - I just don't like light pink. :) I have a tie-die Benjamuffin from Eileen that's all pinks, but dark and deep shades, and I like it a lot. It's just the pale, pastel-y pink I don't like. And dd does look pretty bad in it, I have to say...

But I'll probably use it. It's just a bummer. It's the most money I've ever spent on a diaper!

Thanks for humoring me!

Jude