PDA

View Full Version : Help, new to cloth diapers

carwith
05-21-2005, 01:01 PM
My 18 month old has developed severe alleries to dispoabales and also gets severe diaper rash. I'm switching to cloth but I'm overwelmed by the diffrent kinds. So far I've tried mother-ease which worked well the 3 hours he was in them. I also tried a sandy's with a liner and co'n wrap but he was wet in the morning. Tried fuzzy banz but they slide around to much on him. He's very large 26 1/2 lbs and has large thighs and a nice size belly. Please help.
Caroline

RiaHannam
05-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi Caroline,
Sorry your little one has allergies - that happened with one of mine too.
The Mother-Ease are great diapers and reasonably priced as are the Sandy's but for nights you may have to bulk up a bit more. Perhaps adding a doubler to the sandy's and an Air Flow cover or wool cover will be enough (a cotton wrap is probably not the greatest cover for nights unless you have a very light wetter).
I'm surprised the FB didn't work for you. We have great success with them. Tell me what size you tried on him - it should not slide around at all, it should be snug. A FB with a microterry insert and towel is plenty for us at night, and no leaks.

toomanystrollers
05-24-2005, 05:36 AM
Motherease are a great daytime option. There's no way I could use them overnight on the kiddos.

What are you stuffing your Fuzzi Bunz with? I had good results using the solid color Happy Heinys for overnight on then chubby DS :)

You could also go the fitted/wool cover for overnight. A well-made, easy-to-purchase diaper is the Firefly Sleeptight at www.fuzbaby.com We can use firefly sleeptights with an Aristocrat wool cover for a nice dry night.

HTH

JBaxter
05-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Loveybums XL ;) great dipe for my 18mo 28.5lber. Lots of growing room and nice and soft. She should be posting again soon.
Jeana

Logan 13 Connor 10 and Nathan is......
http://lilypie.com/baby2/031115/2/1/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

carwith
06-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the information. I tried the FB's again and they did work great I had the wrong size.

nitaghei
06-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Pam,

It is possible to use the Motherease at night - they just need to bulked up suitably. :) Angie inspired me to try it. I added a Funnyfarmscreations (Shandelle's) fleece-topped hemp doubler and half a cut-up regular prefold - and it actually did get us through the night. I *may* have added a MOE MF insert too, though I don't think so. Never thought that DS would let me put anything that bulky on him, but he did.

FOR OP:

Another nighttime option is a Benjamuffin Nightdreamer. There's a LOT of hemp there. You will need a cover for it. I love the stretch wool cover from www.angeldrydiapers.com. She also offers windpro fleece covers, which are great night covers. I don't have a supersoaker, and I've used the Angeldry lightweight windpro cover for night too.

HTH

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)