PDA

View Full Version : Trim Nighttime Cover

jenjenfirenjen
05-24-2005, 09:50 AM
So I finally jumped in and starting cd at night (mainly cause I ran out of sposies and didn't want to buy more.) I was using FB with pretty good results (no leaks) but they were leaving nasty red marks on his legs that lasted for days.

So I got a VB Simply Nights off of the swap and it used it last night for the first time. It worked great! However, I used a Stacinator wool cover and holy cow was that thing bulky!

So what other suggestions do you fab cd mamas have for a trimmer nighttime cover? I'm not opposed to pul (use it during the day all the time) but the ones I have that don't leave red marks (bumpy) I don't trust to keep in the wetness. Any ideas?

Thanks!

tarahsolazy
05-24-2005, 10:50 AM
For PUL, the Motherease Airflow can hold back the nighttime floods, so I'd recommend one of those. They always left red marks on my kid, but FBs don't. The AngelDry stretch wool covers are pretty trim, as nighttime covers go, but I don't have a Stacinator to compare to. In general, those night dipes are pretty bulky, the cover is the least of the bubble butt problem! Did he sleep normally? When Forrest was younger I used premium PFs with 2 doublers, and a large Aristocrats. It was insanely enormous, but he slept normally, so I just kept using them. I like FBs at night, or Harleyz hemp pockets covered with wool soakers. Both combos are pretty trim. I'd use nighttime dipes like the VBs, but I have terrible problems with hemp stink.

nitaghei
05-24-2005, 11:00 AM
I agree with Tarah's recommendation for the ME Air-flow. My current favorite trim cover is the Angeldry stretch wool - if you're willing to do wool. I have a lightweight Windpro Angeldry which is also extremely trim, but I'm not sure how well it would work as a night cover.

We mostly use fleece pockets at night.

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

pritchettzoo
05-24-2005, 11:46 AM
The VB night diaper is one huge sucker. But it works really well. I think you could top it with Saran Wrap and still marvel at the size of the cloth butt. ;)

Trimmer wool that works--SugarPeas wool flannel is easy to get, reasonably priced, and really consistent. I don't think it's trim enough to wear under pants, but it works at night. Loveybums untreated wool is really trim, but harder to get.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)