PDA

View Full Version : experienced Butts mamas: have more people been coming to the dark side?

american_mama
05-27-2005, 12:36 AM
I've only been in the Butts forum since Feb. or March, but in that time, I've seen a fair number of people post with a message like, "OK, I'm going to make the switch to cloth..." Is this common, or are more people switching/posting about it than normal?

mommyj_2
05-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Hmmmm....I'm not sure. I think people seem to join in waves, and then only some of the newbies stick around and hang out with the fluff mamas. We tend to disappear and reappear sometimes too. I wasn't hanging out much here after my DS started asking to use the potty. I don't know why I'm back, except that I love talking about fluff, and I figured I might as well come hang out with the wonderful fluffy mamas again!
I do have to say it's nice to see so many new "faces" around here. It was the BBB fluff mamas who got me to take the plunge, so it's nice to see this is still a forum that exposes people to cloth who might not have heard of it otherwise.
Is it just me, or do I sound like I'm 500 years old? LOL

pittsburghgirl
05-27-2005, 09:47 AM
I switched in January and when I did I read a lot of posts from "newbies" from last fall, especially people who were switching over (as opposed to starting with a newborn).

So I think it's fairly regular, just a matter of discovering this forum, actually reading the posts, and discovering just how cool CD's are.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

kensjen
05-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Yes, there are always new fluffy mamas, it is so exciting. Sometimes they just wander into this forum and decide to try it. Or they always wanted to do it, but weren't sure how...that was me a long time ago...:) And then right now there are some mommies from the retreat who became interested....we love it. The more the merrier. Of course then we drift in and out, because this forum can be hell on the paypal account! LOL I know I stayed away for months!! LOL But now that I have all that I need, I like to come back and hang out!