PDA

View Full Version : Mini shower vs. rice paper liners

knaidel
05-27-2005, 02:24 PM
I am looking ahead to starting solids...I hear interesting things about the BM that I have to umm...look forward to.
If I use rice paper liners, is a mini shower redundant?
If I have a mini-shower, will I still benefit from rice paper liners?
Any opinions on the matter? Experiences?

SeekerMage
05-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Well we dont have a mini shower as we just dunk, but many times you dont have to once the poop gets firmer. Most times it just peels off. Though there are times I wish we had the shower, but I like to get mine really cleaned off so dunking works for us. Anyhow, if you have the shower you wont need the paper liners really.

That being said, the liners I have found do and dont work. We have only used them once or twice, and on occasion just used a fleece liner. But I have found that they tend to sometimes bunch up and the poop still manages to get on the diaper itself. But I do think they are worth the hassle if you have something like a pure white diaper you are trying to prevent major nastys from. (we have a new white flannel fitted that Lil'bit broke in the first time with a nasty poop from the start of her mini stomach bug grrrr. Next time I intend to use a fleece liner with it.) Also they are worth it for out and about. Simply pull the liner and dump away saving you from having to really rinse off and carry a soaking diaper or wrap up the poopy one to take with you. Sooo there are really benefits to both. But really neither are "needed."

HTHs

KrisM
05-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I use Imse Vimse liners and don't have a mini-shower. DS generally poops in the morning, so I put the liner in then. The rest of the day, I use fleece liners. When we first started solids, I used paper liners each time and they worked well. It's nice to just drop the whole thing in the toilet. Just be sure to get the flushable kind! We do occassionally get poop on the diaper, but not much at all.

You can re-use peed on liners, too. I get 3 or 4 washes out of them. I started with 300 liners (3 rolls of 100) and I just finished my 1st roll last week. DS is 13 months and we started solids at 6 months.