PDA

View Full Version : SIL is pregnant...help me help her shop!

SeekerMage
05-29-2005, 11:44 PM
HEHEHE I new posting about the star wars diaper would be good luck! My SIL just found out she was pregnant today. She is totally into doing cloth diapering this time around YEAH! I know she doesnt want to start until about a month old or so, after that new baby poop subsides. sooo what direction should I point her in? I know she wants easy (like me she likes the idea of the pockets and aio type diapers.)

Should I point her in the direction of fitteds and covers to start in smalls and then point her into the pockets for when baby is a little older? I know she plans to breastfeed and she introduced solids waaaay late with the first one so to me that means messy poopys for quite a while. What do you suggest a list for her should be like?
AHHHH! Im sooo looking forward to helping her shop :)
Thanks!

Judegirl
05-30-2005, 01:36 AM
I think pockets are the easiest way to go, and I was too exhausted when dd was that young to put fitteds together. I'd start with some pockets - PULs and breathables with covers, and then she can see how her baby wets, how much his/her skin needs to breathe, and get a feel for how she likes dealing with diapers and covers.

I never tried pre-folds, so maybe they're easier...but to me, nothing has been easier than pockets.

HTH - congrats on your impending aunthood!

:)
Jude

mudder17
05-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Honestly, for DD, pockets and AIOs did NOT work for BFd poop. But that's just my experience. Quite a few people were able to start earlier. That said, if she wants easy, I would probably do fitted and covers just to remove the frustration of leaky poop getting out of the pockets/AIO. Maybe a couple of pockets later for nights because the babe is less likely to poop at night? (Wasn't the case for my DD, but seems to be a general trend.) But with a newborn, fitteds with a cover is not that difficult and the cover (with gussets) will add an extra barrier against possible leaks.

HTH!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!