PDA

View Full Version : This is how it starts, yes? :)

marcywench
05-30-2005, 06:22 PM
I went ahead and placed orders. I'm wanting to get stuff here, now that I'm at the halfway point and no longer down with morning, no, ALL DAY sickness.

From NaturalBabies:

The Newborn Plus package:
24 infant prefolds
12 sz 0 Kissaluvs
5 proraps newborn
5 proraps small
19 preemie prefolds (I bought all she had. These can be used as doublers later, yes?)
3 snappis
Kissaluvs Diaper Potion
Baby Bits (for making wipes solution. I know the Diaper Potion can be used for this, too. I wanted to have two things to try...)

From Little Lambs:
(cause I do want to try the OS AIOs...)
6 OS AIOs
6 newborn soakers
2 hemp super boosters
12 hemp baby wipes

I figure this is a good start. Thanks to the enthusiasm of this board, I'm gonna give this my best! Especially, since I'll be breastfeeding, and I want to avoid the blowouts. :)

mudder17
05-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Wow, congratulations on taking the plunge! Looks like you're all set. The only thing I would add is more wipes. I think I had 24 wipes to begin with, I now have maybe 40 and I'm getting a dozen and a half more? But I use wipes for diaper changes, clean up after solids, and more recently for myself in place of TP (I was going through too many of those). You may want some sherpa velour wipes (I got some from Lucy's Hope Chest based on reviews on this board) as they are so soft and the sherpa side is so good at wiping off poop (and solids). And yes, the preemie prefolds can definitely be used as doublers later.

I don't remember what is in the Diaper Potion, but be careful with that. I think I remember someone saying their baby reacted to something in it? In any case, for the first few weeks, I would just use plain water, and then later on, you can use the potions.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

marcywench
05-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the wipes info. I'm sure I'll end up with more. In the past, I have driven A LOT for work, so I've always had a package of Huggies wipes in the car for all of the wonderful things they can do, plus I use them to wipe down the smelly beagles when they've been rolling around in the grass.

I'll definitely take it easy with the diaper potion. I love lavender and saw that a lot of people use it on themselves. I imagine I'll do that. :)

Thanks for the support!

brigmaman
05-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Those packages are great! Oh that newborn fluff is so much fun. :)

KrisM
05-31-2005, 06:49 AM
It was me, well Andrew, who had the problem with the Diaper Potion. It took me a couple weeks to figure out it was the cause of the rash he would get. Now, I use it to freshen the diaper pail. At least it smells good.