PDA

View Full Version : I think I need to get back on the CD wagon...HELP!

MelissaTC
05-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Matthew is in the beginning stages of potty training. He shows interest in the potty, likes to sit on it, is sometimes afraid of it...but plain just doesn't go and at times really doesn't seem ready. I certainly don't want to push him to go because I want him to be ready. I have offered incentives and treats but nothing has worked.

He has been wearing pull-ups and he is getting so irritated from them. The whole reason why I CDed him in the first place was because of the nasty rashes and irritation he was getting from disposables. Well, we have come full circle and now I am considering putting him in cloth again until we figure out this potty thing.

I have my stash but everything is probably too small with the exception of our size 2 sugarpeas and a couple of large gummis wraps. Everything else is medium. I think we can use our premium prefolds but I am not sure.

Anyone have any recommedations for me? I want to keep cost down since I don't anticipate us using them for too long. We primairly used fitteds in the past. I see things have changed in the 1 1/2 years since we stopped. Feel free tp PM if you wish...

nitaghei
05-31-2005, 02:41 PM
How about some prefitteds from Growmearainbow or our own Shandelle (todzwife)?

I just had some premium CPFs converted to GMAR's fabfolds, and they work beautifully - either with a snappi or just laid in a cover. I'm sure they'll get us through potty training.

A WAHM with very reasonable prices for very nice dipes is Steph of AngelDry Diapers.

www.angeldrydiapers.com

She's one of my current faves. I have 2 covers and a WIO from her, and LOVE them. More importantly, DS loves them. :) I don't have her fitteds, but she does make them, and her prices are *very* reasonable - and there's no stalking involved. I have no connection with her, BTW, other than being a very happy customer.

I also have a couple of Doodlebottoms one size fitteds, which were pretty reasonable. Corey has since sold the business, so I don't know if there are basic fitteds available right now. I am hoping to use these are training underwear, by removing the snap-in doubler. Corey sais that's what she did for her own son, FWIW.

Oh - how about some Little Lambs? I know people have had issues with the AIOs leaking, but the fitteds were great. I really regret selling the two I had.

I will be listing some Sugarpeas - a size 2, a fleece cover and a hemp snap-in on Swap, if you're interested.

HTH

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

MelissaTC
06-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Thank you for responding Nita. :)

toomanystrollers
06-03-2005, 06:28 AM
Hi Melissa,
Maybe some Large or Toddler sized Sandies from www.motherease.com or XL Bumkins AIOs :)

nitaghei
06-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Melissa,

So, did you end up getting anything? Just being nosy, since I don't anticipate any fluffy mail anytime soon (though I do have a fleece AIO on the way).

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)