PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Plan

mommytobe2005
06-02-2005, 11:17 AM
My baby will arrive in early September and already I'm soooo confused as to which diapers to buy. I'm leaning towards Pampers. I figure I would get 1 package of Newborn Swaddlers (up to 10lbs) 40 count, 1 package of Swaddlers size 1-2 (8-15lbs)204 count, and 1 package of Cruisers size 3 (16-28lbs) 148 count.

Mind you these are the Pampers that are on sale on Amazon.com Does this sound like a good plan???

Shana

MissyL11
06-02-2005, 11:39 AM
I would consider buying more than one package of the swaddlers size 1-2 because you will be using them for awhile and newborns go through a lot of diapers in a day. One average my daughter went through about 10 diapers a day for the first couple of months. Hope this helps.

Missy

JBaxter
06-02-2005, 11:47 AM
I would not recommend buying in bulk until you are sure the brand fits your DC correctly. Swaddlers always belly leaked for me ( with a boy) in the beginning and the huggies worked better but as he got mobile I like the pampers again. Buy a bag or 2 of each brand to see if you like them and if they fit.
Jeana

Logan 13 Connor 10 & Nathan.....
http://lilypie.com/baby2/031115/0/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

tarabenet
06-02-2005, 12:15 PM
And, to support Jeana's point, Swaddlers worked great for my niece, and now Huggies are the perfect fit (she's 10 months, 28 pounds, starting to walk) -- and Pampers are the worst imaginable fit with leaks everywhere! Different fits for different little tushies! Good luck!

KBecks
06-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I agree that you should start with small packs until you find what works best for you. I'd suggest buying a newborn size small pack of two different brands,then decide from there where to go. I'd also suggest trying Luvs or Target generic.

We found Huggies works best, although I thought I would like Pampers.

You'll have plenty of time for buying in bulk later. As soon as you find something you like, and as soon as your kid gets in 2-3-4 sizes, you can buy by the case, although not more than 2 cases at a time. Our son outgrew the 3s before we were done with 2 cases. I think he will be in 4s for a while, but I will only buy one case at a time unless there is a rebate at Amazon.

mommytobe2005
06-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks everyone...I'll check out what they have at BRU this weekend and compare prices with other stores.

suomi
06-07-2005, 11:04 AM
My neighbor recommended the Pampers newborn swaddlers for the first couple of weeks until the umbilical cord falls off, because they have a cut-out for the cord. (She started cloth right after the cord fell off and I plan to do the same). However, it appears that recently Pampers changed the design and the Newborn Swaddlers no longer have the cut-out. I looked at Newborn Huggies yesterday, and they have some kind of fold-over umbilical cord panel, so I plan on using those in the beginning.

Momof3Labs
06-07-2005, 12:30 PM
That only works if your newborn fits in newborn sized diapers! My 8lb, 4oz babe did not - he got plumbers crack from them, which meant awful blowouts!

SeekerMage
06-07-2005, 02:21 PM
I agree to try one of two packages of each. We loved the swaddlers and Lil'bit was in the newborns for quite a while (she was 9.3 lbs when she was born too!) so you cant always go by lbs. We now use cloth because we couldnt find a diaper we liked once she outgrew the swaddlers. One thing to try if you want to plan ahead...get gift certificates. I know Amazon has diapers on sale a lot and if Im not mistaken you can get gift cards for them. HTHs

SpaceGal
06-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Newborn Luvs gave our DS plumbers crack. I liked Swaddlers but didn't like the feel of Huggies...they did have the umbilical cord cut thing but who cares about that cuz most nurses end up telling you to fold down the top of the diaper and that helps with the umbilical cord and for boys that like to pee upwards...of course you should try to make sure their weewee is pointed downward.

I used a ton of newborn sized diapers...i used them for about a month and a half and I think I used what...maybe 10 packages of newborn diapers. I'm now working on my second box of size 1-2 diapers. I used bothe Baby Drys and Swaddlers...I liked both and they both worked well but I like how Swaddlers don't give DS a big butt.

If you want to stock up...buy bigger sizes since you're not sure if your child will grow super fast or be big baby at birth. I know you want to take advantage of the deal...but it's a tough call until you find what fits best. What I did was I had 4-5 packs of newborn diapers...knowing that I would have a small baby...a pack of size 1s...and a pack of size 2s. But I also had 2 boxes of size 1-2 swaddlers and received a box of 1-2 as well at our shower. So we're still well stocked. I'm planning on stocking up and getting some boxes of 3s.