PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice on a Wipes Warmer?

suomi
06-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a little one on the way in July and need help choosing a wipes warmer. Some reviews say that one warmer makes the wipes turn brown, another claims it won't do that but you have to buy some kind of refills to keep the wipes from turning brown. Are there any wipes warmers that don't turn the wipes brown and don't require refills?

Thanks!

pritchettzoo
06-02-2005, 05:42 PM
As a wise woman told me, take the $20-30 you would have spent on a wipes warmer and go get a pedicure! :)

In July the room temperature will be high enough not to freeze the cute little bum. You can warm the wipe briefly in your hand if it still feels chilly. You might find yourself changing the baby wherever you are (bed, floor, couch) and not near the wipe warmer. Plus when you're out and about you won't have one.

If you really want one, make sure your changing area has a plug really nearby. The cords are short (intentionally) on the warmers. I would have had to get one upstairs and downstairs and neither place had a plug that would have worked.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

brigmaman
06-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Ours is a Dex. We use both cloth and disposable wipes and have never had problems with wipes turning brown. I may be in the minority, but I actually like our wipes warmer. I may actually get one for the bathroom. :o

jec2
06-02-2005, 09:51 PM
I love our wipes warmer too! It one of my favorite baby purchases. Like Trish we have used both cloth and disposible wipes in it. When using disposable wipes, the bottom few can get brown if we put an especially large stack in there. The large stack just takes longer to get through. With cloth wipes we've never had browning problems b/c all that can fit is a day's worth so we work through them quickly enough.

brigmaman
06-03-2005, 06:46 AM
That's probably why we don't get brown wipes...with 2 in diapers, we go through wipes like crazy! There's hardly ever a full stack in there!

MMEand1
06-03-2005, 06:50 AM
We had one for my DS and all of the wipes turned brown and dried out. We tried putting fewer in there and had the same results! I think it was used for a total of 1 month. Now it is just a glorified wipes box!
Mariah P.

suomi
06-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Mariah,

What brand warmer did you have?

Thanks!

dianna
06-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Some people swear by them, and others say they are useless...

My cousin has the Prince Lionheart one and loves it. I have heard a number of good things about that particular warmer. Haven't used it myself though.

suomi
06-07-2005, 10:54 AM
The Prince Lionheart warmer is the one that requires a refill to go into the warmer to keep them moist. That was the downside of that one for me.

To address some of the other issues raised, I have a relatively new house, so tons of plugs, not worried about that at all. Also, although I want to try to CD, I do not plan on trying cloth wipes, so this warmer will be for disposable wipes only.

Thanks for all the comments!