PDA

View Full Version : Another swim dipe question

caheinz
06-02-2005, 10:32 PM
OK, I'm confused.

DS needs to have swim dipes when he moves up to "toddlers" from infants. The director told me he could use a reusable one, but that it would have to hold everything. She said the Little Swimmers could absorb pee as well as hold the poop. (They won't actually be in a pool, but more doing some serious water play...)

Is this right at all? The Huggies web site isn't helping any (it has a "unique absorbent material that won't swell in water like diapers"). What could possibly absorb pee without absorbing water???

I'd prefer to get Alex some new Bumpy swim dipes (I _think_ the ones from last year will last a little while, but am pretty sure we'll need to move up soon...). I've done a search, and though I didn't read all the posts, I couldn't find anything to convince me one way or the other.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

pritchettzoo
06-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't think the Little Swimmers absorb pee. A friend's son peed all over his carseat on the way to the pool last summer. She was using disposable swim dipes and didn't even think that they wouldn't be absorbent.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

caheinz
06-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks, Anna!!!!

That's the sort of info I needed. I didn't really want to buy a package of the Little Swimmers (Costco or elsewhere) if I could just buy Bumpy's and have them work just as well!

pritchettzoo
06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
If she complains, tell her she shouldn't be a daycare director if she's afraid of a little pee! :P

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

holliam
06-03-2005, 08:15 AM
There is no way they could hold pee. If they hold pee, they hold pool water and that could be a real drowning hazard.

Holli

JBaxter
06-03-2005, 08:22 AM
I can tell you huggies swim diapers do NOT absorb pee. Thats from personal experience last summer with Nathan. I put on his swim diaper and picked him up to go to the poolside and he peed all over me <grin> good thing we were heading into the water.
Jeana