PDA

View Full Version : Yet another swim dipe post.

papal
06-03-2005, 11:45 AM
This past week, I have been sending Leela to the pool with a Earthseedlings PUL cover on under her swimsuit. She has outgrown it to fit over a fitted or prefold BUT it fits as snug as a bug, NO gapes at thighs or waist, with just the cover on. Is this okay to do? I didn't see how it is different from a bumpy swim dipe.
thanks!

mommyj_2
06-03-2005, 11:54 AM
I think it should be fine. My DS wore a pair of whisper pants to the pool before I got his Diaperaps swim dipe. I think maybe the swim dipe might be more comfortable, since it's lined with fabric...but who knows.

squimp
06-03-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm not sure about this, but I think the bumpys etc are slightly porous, so they don't fill up with water. There was a post a while back about someone who used a PUL dipe, and it filled with water and was a little scary for swimming.

papal
06-03-2005, 04:00 PM
It didn't fill up with water... maybe that was a pocket dipe. I think I will just get a Bumpy Swim Dipe to be on the safe side. Thanks.
PS: Sophia's avatar is so cute.. always brings a smile to my face.

macassi
06-03-2005, 04:35 PM
So where does one buy these "bumpys" swim diapers? I am definitely not a cloth diaperer, but using a swim diaper every day for some reason is annoying me and I want to switch to reusable for that.

Also, Abbie is 21 pounds, but has a tiny waist and wears a size 3 diaper. Would she be a medium or a large in a swim diaper?

mudder17
06-03-2005, 04:52 PM
You can get the Bumpy swim diaper at Lilbunz.com. Trisha is wonderful and will help you with sizing. Kaya is around Abbie's size and she has a large, although it's a tad loose. She is small waisted as well (but chunkish thighs). She could probably wear a medium. But I wanted "growing room" and I didn't want the chance of her getting red marks on her thighs, so I went for the large. But Trisha actually offered to send both sizes to me so I could try them out if I wanted. That was really nice of her!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

KrisM
06-03-2005, 06:40 PM
If you have disposible ones left, you can reuse them, too. I have a friend who has only ever bought 1 pack, because she washes and line dries them.

Andrew is in a large Bumpy and has been since about 20 lbs. I think a medium might be short in the rise? Trish at LilBunz is great!

squimp
06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks :) And I'm loving Leela in black and white in yours!