PDA

View Full Version : would any fitted do good for when u let them go coverless

ladythepup
06-03-2005, 11:46 AM
i am trying to make my stash bigger and last longer more economical due to no washer and dryer in house and not many diapers on hand right now. But the problem is my daughter is wiggler it is hard to get to lay still for a diaper change. today i let her wear just a fitted with a doubler coverless and 15 minutes later she peed in it. go figure right. so now i love the idea and i am trying to decide what i should look for and what would be most economical? i dont think prefolds would be good cause she moves so much. what about prefitteds just as hard huh? or no?

Thoughts mamas
and maybe recommend good fitteds that are not expensive

thanks

SeekerMage
06-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Well if you want something really absorbant then you want something hemp, if thats not a major issue then really anything might do. Try the wahm auctions, there always are fitteds there for sale (some used some new). Prefitteds would work, but you would still need a snappy or pins unless you can get snaps or velcro attached. Another option is just getting a cover and laying in a prefold, or contour, or other soaker type material, then its just one thing just like the fitted and you dont have to worry about the wettness factor. for example yesterday Lil'bit ran around in a bumpy cover with a microfiber towel with a peice of fleece on top just laying inside. It worked well for us....granted for heavy wetters you might need hemp or some other heavy soaker stuff....but in general it works well for us.

Anyhow...some fitteds that I have found so far that work well and arent too much money are country cuttins
www.countrycuttins.com She has some really cute designs and I like the fit

Jelly Bean diapers are also pretty inexpensive and seem to work well but I think they run small. I have a large Im trying to sell if you are interested, it just isnt big enough for Lil'bits growing waist and thighs.
www.jellybeandiapers.com

I also have some pattynaps that seem really nice. They seem to have a good fit, though not sure how absorbant they are. The ones I have are just flannel with no fleece or anything inside (I got them off swap) But the ones on her site now mostly have the better inners.
www.pattynaps.com

Otherwise you are looking at diapers more like Tykie diapers...LOVE these, but a bit more money if you are on a tight budget (we are but I would LOVE more of these!) FireFlys I have heard great things about, calico baby diapers I think have mixed reviews....otherwise thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
HTHs!

mudder17
06-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Kathryn, if you want another Tykie, I've got one on the Swap. It's got a poinsetta on it, but otherwise it's great and quite pretty, I think. :)

To the OP: Bijou Baby Gear are fairly inexpensive fitted diapers that are good for heavy wetters (just ask for the extra doubler under the snap-in). I have also successfully put a quad-folded PF in a cover over DD when she's being squirmy. It's not difficult at all and it works for absorbency. And of course it's cheap. DH doesn't tend to do this though, unless she's just pooped or we know she's done pooping for the day. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!