PDA

View Full Version : how do I strip my *washer*: repelling FBs

mommy2sam
06-04-2005, 10:37 PM
I am about ready to pull my hair out because of this repelling fleece!! All of a sudden, our FBs (which we're currently using exclusively on our 4-mo. old) started to repel. I had changed nothing in my diaper wash routine. So, I did the recommended scrub-with-Dawn thing, and when I squirted water on them with a bulb syringe they did not repel. After running them through the washer with no detergent, however, (to get the Dawn rinsed out), they repelled again! I have tried washing with Sportwash with extra rinses, doing numerous hot washes with no detergent, and scrubbing with Dawn again.

I think the problem is that I washed a couple of other loads of clothes, not diapers, in my front loader with *regular* Tide instead of Tide HE. It seems that the repelling is being caused by the washer itself. :-(

I have run 5 or 6 cycles with nothing in the washer, and while it's tough to tell with a front loader, there are a few bubbles in the water. I have also run a cycle with chlorine bleach in the detergent dispenser and then a couple hot cycles with nothing, to get rid of the bleachiness.

I am SO out of ideas, and I am tired of putting my boy in disposables while I repair these dipes!! Please help!

squimp
06-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Here's a good page on cleaning out your washing machine. This worked really well for me, but I just wanted to get the yucky stuff off the water line in my tub.

http://www.thediaperhyena.com/washingmachinecare.htm

Not sure how much it will help - good luck!

emelsea
06-05-2005, 07:53 AM
I did this same routine a week ago, and it made a big difference in all my laundry. I have a top loader, though.