PDA

View Full Version : When should I expect for Tristan to be potty trained-

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I am in NO rush for this...my worst nitemare is having a car full of kiddos and Tristan saying "mommy I need to pee" and having to unstrap everyone and get him inside a CLEAN place with only second of notice.

so I don't ask this to rush my little guy but just to think of an investment I am about to make.

We have 24 baby blanket pockets that are leaking lately...and we have used them tons so I am not knocking them. but I can't use them without a conver and even then I don't feel to great trusting them.

We have 24 mom and me fitteds...that I love love love...and then Pam reminded me of the work horse they are at the retreat which made me love them even more, for she is a "guru" of all in my eyes :)

So I jsut put in a custom request for larges for Tristan.
Granted my 24 mediums that I have fit both Bronwyn and Tristan!!!!!!
But they are on the outer snaps for T and hang kind of low like speedos on him. Her size range on mediums goes to 35lbs and he was 31 in Feb at his two year appt.

So long story even longer...
I am wondering about how many months usage will I get out of the diapers...
Tristan has showed numerous signs in the past of
"poo poo"..."pee pee"..."potty"..."sit on the potty"...especially when the boys came home and he was facinated with what they did...but has seemed to lose that interest...
Tristan is almost 28 months.
Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

SeekerMage
06-05-2005, 11:20 PM
I would say if he is interested and showing signs of being ready then jump on it. Granted this is my opinion but if you wait too long then they will basically see how easy it is to be in the diapers...why stop playing to go potty when I can just do it right here? Granted not true for everyone, some kids really arent ready....but why not try? For traveling on the go, I have heard of people keeping a little potty chair in the car (some are made for travel, others are just small enough to just stick in the car) then just keep some plastic grocery bags to line the potty with so you can just tie it up when they are done to dump later. That way you dont have to worry about getting everyone out and finding a clean potty. Cant hurt to try. He might surprise you and jump right on it! My nephew who I thought would never potty train was done without any accidents within two weeks and he was just about Tristans age. Maybe you can inlist the older boys to help? Make a game of it or something. Good luck with whatever you decide!

JBaxter
06-06-2005, 05:16 AM
After potty training 2 boys I would say if he is starting to tell you start now. There seems to be ( at least with my boys) a short period of time that they just starting to know the sensation was coming and if you dont start now they start to ignore the feeling and it is much harder later. Both my older DS's were wearing big boy pants well before 2.5. You may be surpised how quickly it can be done. Both mine had very few accidents after 2 weeks. Good luck! I found character underwear very helpful DS #2 was a HUGE buzzlightyear fan and got very upset if buzz got wet LOL
Jeana

toomanystrollers
06-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Hey girlie!!
For my oldest two, the third birthday was potty training heaven - literally over in two weeks without me reminding them, etc. I did make the mistake of using pull-ups on Tess when she was Tristan's age (never again) -so we went cold turkey with Shea - straight to gerber cotton trainers and underpants.

I just feel that at age three, my kids had the verbal & physical skills to manage going potty independently. We also had little "diaper goodbye" parties for them and I had each of them pack up the diapers :)

Hey -let me know how your custom order goes!! :)

HTH