PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dispie Question!

papal
06-07-2005, 06:18 PM
We are going away for a couple of weeks and using dispies. I am getting the Pampers Cruisers in her weight range. Do I need to get different night dispies?? Which ones?? She goes 12 hours without a diaper change at night and her diaper is very soaked in the morning.. wondering if regular Pamper Cruiser will work... and I hope they fit correctly!

Thanks!

lilycat88
06-07-2005, 06:47 PM
We use Cruisers day and night. Susanna is just a smidge under 24 lbs. and wears a size 3. We're going to be moving her to a 4 in the not to distant future because they seem to becoming low riders on her. She's long. According to the size range, I think she's got about 4 lbs. to go. She goes about 11 hours without a change overnight and the only leaking issue we've ever had was when she first started sleeping on her belly and we weren't adjusting them tight enough in the front. She would sleep with her butt in the air and the pee would run down her belly.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

amazz
06-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Kami goes from about 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. or sometimes longer w/out a change. And it does get soaked!! It's never leaked though. You might try it one night at home before you leave just make sure, but I think you will be fine. One warning...the smell might make you gag, especially since you are used to cloth!!

HTH,
Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

papal
06-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks Jamelin and Angela! You saved me a trip to the store!! :D
Angela, my sister and dad will be doing ALL diaper changes as part of our negotiations (heehee), so the smell won't be bothering ME. heehee.

todzwife
06-07-2005, 07:02 PM
You can always put a wool or fleece cover over it if you are afraid of leaks...that's what we do since he DOES leak out of disposables at night.

papal
06-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Good idea Shandelle!! I will take a couple of wool covers too.

slknight
06-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Rashmi, you can also double dispie diaper her. We have to do that with Alex. Two size-5 Cruisers at night because he pees so much. Now that he's given up the bottle before bed, we may be ok, but I still haven't been brave enough to try cloth at night.

Marisa6826
06-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Susan-

Sophie was leaking through her 5s every night. Usually up the sides where there is no absorbancy.

We were doubling them, but it made no difference. However, I finally decided to try putting a good old overnight pad inside (Kotex in this case) and they work like a dream!

Some nights, the pad actually absorbs EVERYTHING and the dipe isn't even wet yet!

I did buy a pack of 6s, but Sophie's still too small for them. I have put them over 5s if I'm anticipating a large code brown :P

-m

dowlinal
06-08-2005, 09:04 AM
I highly suggest that you do a trial run before hand. Madeline is such a heavy wetter that not only do I need to put her in overnights, but they need to be a size bigger than her daytime dipes AND I still sometimes need to throw in a hemp doubler if she drank alot of water.

Madeline is huge - she was 31 inchs and 27 1/2 lbs at her check up two weeks ago so I think Leela would fit her dipes. If you want I can mail you down a few to try out before you buy anything. (we use huggies because the elastic at the waist did a better job for us at containing poop)

A

TonFirst
06-08-2005, 09:16 AM
I am so glad to see this thread! We moved Adam from size 3 Cruisers into size 4 Cruisers because the threes were a little short on him and he was leaking through them at night.

Last night, though, he slept on his belly for most of the night and his jammies were soaked this morning... which meant that he was up and awake at 6 AM rather than his usual 7:15 AM wake-up. Mama no like.

I will totally try the Kotex thing. Do you think it will work with a little boy?

(And is it strange for a six-month-old to be in size 4 diapers? The threes were just too short. I wish they sized them like they size the Pampers Cruisers in Europe, with size 3, size 4, size 4+ (longer), size 5, size 5+...)

psophia17
06-08-2005, 09:48 AM
(And is it strange for a six-month-old to be in size 4 diapers? The threes were just too short. I wish they sized them like they size the Pampers Cruisers in Europe, with size 3, size 4, size 4+ (longer), size 5, size 5+...)

Not too strange - DS was in size 4 Pampers by the time he was about that age, because his sausage thighs took up so much space in the diaper that we couldn't close it right. It's all about the leg holes for us.

FWIW, since switching to cloth, we've had the best luck with both leaks and fit - love those snaps!

Moneypenny
06-08-2005, 10:14 AM
>
>(And is it strange for a six-month-old to be in size 4
>diapers? The threes were just too short.

We moved DD into 4s at about 9 months, and I think we could have gone earlier. She was below the weight level though, so I didn't think it would work. Those chunky thighs of hers just made the fit of the 3s all weird and she would leak pee out the side when the rest of the diaper was still dry. I think she pees crooked (is that possible?).

Susan
DD - Avery, born 8/5/04

papal
06-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks so much Alexis! you are so sweet!. i already bought the Pampers Cruisers though.. i just got a small packet.. 24 dipes i think.. i might just change her in the middle of the night if i think her diaper is soaked.. she sleeps through night changes so it shouldn't be a problem. I hope the size 3 fits her well!! She is 21 pounds and 31 inches.

westgre
06-08-2005, 01:18 PM
DD is a heavy wetter and now can't sleep in just a sposie. Most nights we use cloth, but on the nights where I've run out of night time cloth dipes, we use a sposie with a Joey and a Bummis Whisper Pant over it. No leaks with that. When she was younger, I used the Huggies Overnites with no leaks, but she can't fit in a size 5 anymore and they don't make the Overnites in size 6. Besides, we've returned to cloth. :)

Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)

dowlinal
06-08-2005, 05:52 PM
I think the 3s will work for you. Madeline didn't need 4s until we hit the 25lb mark and she has a little baby budda belly thing going on so she needs a bigger waist in general.

A

hez
06-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey, just wanted to say, 'good choice' on your purchase ;) Next time tell me ahead of time, and I'll send you a coupon!

Seriously, I hope this works out well for you. I might have something ready to use as a 'doubler' like Marisa said-- I have moved up sizes (4 to 5) because Payton was leaking overnight, not because they didn't fit. Just something to think about if you have to buy a second bag.

Otherwise, it was a good choice to pick a brand with stretchy sides-- fit should be less of an issue for you that way.

kahplayground
06-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Quick question about the wool or fleece covers to go over the diaper to prevent leaks at night. Where did you buy them? I have tried the pad and it doesn't always work. My dd is just barely in size 2 (4 1/2 months old and just over 13#). The pad really makes things too bulky for her and if I cut the pad in half, she has the gel from the pad all over her...yuk!

Thanks,

Karin