PDA

View Full Version : Another rave for Bijoubabygear

nitaghei
06-10-2005, 09:09 AM
A beautiful, soft, cuddly fleece AIO in retro red, serged in variegated rainbow thread, was waiting for me when I got home last night. The sewing on this dipe is amazing, and Jaime was so sweet and helpful and fast. I'll update with pics as soon as I can.

My infatuation with wool might be over. I think I'm going back to my true love, fleece. It's not as glamorous as wool - but it works for me. My Cherry Bomb Baby fleece AIO is also on its way. Nothing like fleecy fluffy mail. :)

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

mudder17
06-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Cool! Isn't Jaime great? I'm pretty happy with mostly wool this summer, but I did just get a fleece pocket from Snap-EZ (2 of them) and I LOVE them. I tried one for a nap yesterday (and today) and it did extremely well with a LJ night + MF towel. I guess I'm just anti-PUL because I do love both my wool and my fleece. :P

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

brigmaman
06-10-2005, 09:50 AM
I was curious about these aios. I don't have any fleece right now. But I think I'm taking a buying hiatus, though. But I'd love to see pics of the fit on Neel if you get a chance!

nitaghei
06-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Ummmm - a buying hiatus, Trish? You feeling okay?

I'll try and take pics tonight. The AIO has a snap-in soaker, and is serged. I am so not trendy - I actually prefer fleece and serging. Of course, the fact that I've had to wash a poopy wool cover the last two night in a row has something to do with my re-discovered love of fleece. :)

Eileen, I love fleece pockets! I have 6 for Neel. 3 snapping turtles we use at night, two diaperworks we got last year, and a custom doodlebottoms.

My discovery last night was that I could snap in the soaker from the Benjamuffins nightdreamer that Neel refuses to wear into the Wildoats shell. Viola, new night dipe!! I did boost the soaker with a JB and a MF towel, since Neel had drunk almost a liter of water before going to bed.

Fleece is the best of all possible worlds, IMO - breathable, easy to take care of, and comes in lots of pretty colors.

Puddy73
06-10-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm feeling the fleece love lately, too! I'll have to check out Bijoubabygear. I have two fleece pockets and a fleece cover (apronstrings and angeldry) and they are wonderful for nightime! The are not very trim, but DD doesn't seem to mind the J-Lo butt. I just had to buy some 4T pj bottoms to fit over them.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

nitaghei
06-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I don't think Jaime has any listed on the site. I just emailed her and begged, and she was sweet enough to make me one. :) I think she will be restocking soon, though. This isn't bulky, really. But it is definitely a day dipe. I imagine the Cherry Bomb Baby will be even trimmer, since it's cut narrow in the stride.

Which Angeldry cover do you have? I have the lightweight Windpro, and it's really trim. But then, I don't use it for night. Also, my kid is so skinny I can even get Gymbo and Gap PJs over his CD'd night butt, without sizing up. :)

Puddy73
06-10-2005, 03:54 PM
I have a lightweight Angeldry Windpro cover, too. It is nice and trim, even with a sherpa fitted and a doubler. I haven't tried it at night yet - I'm not sure that I could fit enough doublers in it!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."