PDA

View Full Version : Cloth suggestion for "airing out" an otherwise 'sposie kid

lilycat88
06-10-2005, 11:35 AM
We're a 'sposie family. Our lifestyle isn't cloth friendly and my DH is more than a little obsessive compulsive when it comes to the possibility that he got poop or pee on his hands when he was changing a diaper. He washes his hands rather dramatically when he's finished. I can't imagine if I suggested washing diapers in our washer. Anyway, that being said. I'm looking for something for Susanna to wear just around the house in the evenings or weekends when I would like to give her a chance to "air out" a bit. As it's getting hotter, I would love to let her just crawl around nekkie but we did that last night and DH was a nervous wreck (and so, I was a nervous wreck) following her around making sure she didn't get off the blanket we had spread out on the carpet. Of course, she peed on the blanket. What would you suggest just to be absorbent enough so that the pee is less likely to hit the floor but would provide a little air circulation. We are generally playing with her during the time we'd likely do this so if she did pee, we'd know it immediately.

Thanks

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/04

ETA: spelling!

nitaghei
06-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Pretty much any fitted dipe, or a prefold with snappi or a prefitted with snappi should work. You won't need a cover.

BUT - what will you do if she poops when she's in cloth? :)

HTH

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

lilycat88
06-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I know. I would clean it up and wash it. My husband would probably toss it in the trash. Luckily, she's a pretty predictable pooper and if she doesn't poop DURING dinner, we're fine for the night.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

alkagift
06-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I would say a prefold with a snappi. It would be loose enough around the legs without a cover to be comfy and "air conditioned" but easy to catch any pee. That's what we did with our DS when he had a bad rash. Frankly he loved it.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

psophia17
06-10-2005, 03:28 PM
You could look for a couple of pairs of training pants - the kind that us Mamas wore when we were that age. Absorbent, but no doubts when they've been peed in...

kijip
06-10-2005, 10:10 PM
We have some Hanna training pants that we love. I think that would work great for the airing out purposes.

emelsea
06-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Go to WalMart and get some Gerber training pants. They are cheap, so if your daughter poops in one and DH gets too excited, you can throw them out and not feel too bad. I am 99% sure they are all cotton, so they should be nice and cool.

Or, if you have a backyard, take her out there nekkid, if she pees it's no big deal.

todzwife
06-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Those darn gerbers have a poly fill soaker...why poly I don't know...but I can't imagine them holding a whole pee from a toddler! ROFL! I suggest a prefold w/ a snappi as well, those are the best for letting a little tush air out!

emelsea
06-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Thanks, Shandelle. I'm no where NEAR potty learning time, so I've never really looked at those training pants. I just thought Gerber would have been all cotton. The poly lingin makes me want to say "WTF?".

There are some cute training pants at the EC store. I think they are called Tots Bots or something. Everytimme I go to that site, I think to myself "Oh, yeah, those are SO going on my baby's butt someday".