PDA

View Full Version : Daisy girl designs mama cloth

sb1177
06-15-2005, 12:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone has her contact information. I emailed her quite a few days ago regarding a question and haven't heard back from her.

Also are there any other mama cloth that are easier to get? I bought the diva cup but its just not working for me.

nitaghei
06-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Tara's email is daisygirldesigns @ yahoo.com (remove spaces). Try emailing her again - sometimes they get lost. :) Tara is *very* prompt about replying,IME. I generally got a response within a couple of hours on a weekday.

DGDs are pretty easy to get, IMO, as far as better mama cloth goes. Just place your order, and everything shows up in a couple of weeks. :) My first order took a bit longer, because Tara actually ordered some fabric for me, and had to wait for it to get in. But if you stick with her instock fabrics (and she has some really cute new ones), it's a really hassle free way to get mama cloth. Two weeks is really good for a custom order. DGD pads are the bulk of my stash, and I absolutely love them.

HTH

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

sb1177
06-15-2005, 01:30 PM
That's the email I have been using. I sent her an email again a couple days ago and still haven't heard anything. Guess I'll try again.

sb1177
06-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I heard back from Tara. Her computer crashed and she had lost my email.

So now I need to decide what to order since I am so clueless about this. Can you tell me which would be a better choice? Hemp/flannel combo or only hemp. Do you prefer microfleece? How many do I need?

TIA!

nitaghei
06-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Well, I mostly have hemp/flannel, and they are just fine. If you have really heavy flow, the all hemp might be better. But even on bad days, I've never had a leak. I'm allergic to fleece, so all my pads are topped with flannel or velour. The velour is a nice compromise - drier than flannel, and softer. If you can tolerate fleece, it will be the option that keeps you the driest - and will be the most stain resistant.

Also - I have a couple of the Ultra size, and really only use them for overnight. They are definitely too much for daytime use. The regular maxi size is the best one. And if you get the mini pads, make sure to get them with wings - because they are small enough that they can fall out! :)

As for how many, it depends on your cycle, and and how often you do wash. I think I have about 18-22 total (including 3 from Shandelle). I can count tonight and let you know for sure. :) And that's usually enough to get me through until diaper laundry day.

ETA:

Counted, and I have a total of 22 pads (DGD and Funnyfarmcreations) and 4 liners(from Shandelle/FFC) {hanging head}. This is probably too many. I have 4 ultra (2 with wings, 2 without), 2 minis (without wings - should have got them with), 3 are from Shandelle (with wings, assortement of OC, velour, wool and fleece) and the rest are regular - with and without wings. Like I said, the regular are the best size. The ones with wings are great if you're running around; the ones without wings are so trim you hardly know you have them on. If you're willing to do wash every couple of days, 10-12 would be a good start. I think I started with 12 and then added on the rest. You may want to check if Tara is still offering a bulk discount (for maybe 8 pads or more?). I think I got 10% off my first order.

If you can ever snag a color grown cotton pad from Shandelle, do it. It is incredible - and she's the only one that offers them, as far as I know.

ETA to correct the soaker fabric! :)

HTH

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)