PDA

View Full Version : Two in cloth full time- how often do you do laundry

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-16-2005, 03:04 PM
For those with two in cloth full time I wondered how often you lauder your diapers...we are doing them every day now!!!! Thus I am thinking I only need max 12 mom and me fitteds for Tristan when my number is up...maybe even less.
For I am not doing it every 24 hours but am doing it once a day if that makes sense.

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

marinkitty
06-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Same here - not every 24 hours but almost every day. I have enough dipes to go two days (if I use some of my non-favorites for Jack) but it ends up being two loads for my washer is pretty small, so I figure why let them sit? I'm actually thinking of downsizing Jack's stash now that I know what I like and what I don't since I'm doing laundry so often. I think 12 fitteds would be fine for Tster.

I even mentioned to DH that maybe we should spring for a larger capacity washer and dryer (we have the cheapo GE ones the builders put in) but since we are probably not staying in this house more than three more years I think we probably won't do it. And, with any luck I won't have two in cloth for more than a few more months!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03) and baby brother Jack (3.23.05)

Nora
06-16-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm with you - doing it every day, but not every 24 hours. Today I did a load first thing in the morning and I will do my next load late tomorrow afternoon. That's the amt of time it takes for my diaper pail gets full.

brigmaman
06-16-2005, 09:27 PM
I do diaper laundry every other day at least. I thought I'd buy more fitteds at one point to stretch it to every 2/3 days but then it would still be 2 loads of laundry so I don't mind doing it more often.

toomanystrollers
06-17-2005, 05:18 AM
I was doing a load of dipes every other day when DS was still in cloth.

MMEand1
06-17-2005, 06:45 AM
We do a load every other day, but we could stretch it out if we used all the dipes we have. We still have a dz infant PF's and another 6 or so premium PF's that we have not even washed yet (we're doing fine now, so I thought I'd hold onto to those for possible gifts or such...if only I can lure someone over!).

While PF's have been the majority of our stash, we are starting to venture out into pockets (have 1 for each of the DC), fitteds (have 2-3 for the baby), and wool (1 wool skort for the baby and a pair of PicklePants ordered for each). Since our inventory is starting to grow a bit, we may end up washing more just because I want to try out new things!

Not that this has anything to do with washing, but my (SAHD) DH was talking to a SAHM neighbor and I overheard him tell her that CD's are so easy and that he loves them! Later I asked him if he was serious or just saying that to sound like the perfect dad and he said that he really does find them to be much easier than he first thought and really enjoys them! It's a good thing...he does all the wash!

Mariah P.

houseof3boys
06-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Every two days. It is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be!

Riley has 24 KL and 2 dozen prefolds (that never get used) and a handful of cute fitteds mixed in! Ryan is exclusively FB and I think he has about 20 of them.