PDA

View Full Version : How do I know if her FBs fit?

kristenk
06-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Well, my order of FBs came in a few days ago and I tried one on her today. How do I tell if it fits her or not? At first, I thought it was fine, then I thought it was loose, then I put her regular size Pampers Cruiser back on her and if I was going to be really picky, *that* didn't seem to fit her all that well either, but I *know* that it definitely works for her. I think the problem is that I ordered large FBs and I've been second-guessing myself ever since. Aarggh! I thought it would be easier when I actually had the FBs in hand.

So, the question is, what should I look at to make sure the dipe fits DD? There seemed to be gaps at her waist and thighs, but only sometimes. Also, I just tried the dipe on her, so I hadn't washed it yet. It was stuffed with a Mother of Eden micro insert - which also hadn't been washed. Oh, and when I put her back in the pampers and fastened it exactly like I normally do, there were definite gaps at the thighs. Maybe I'm being too picky???

rrosen
06-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Could you post a picture of your DD in the dipe? That may help us help you decide on the fit better. Based on your DD's age, I would guess that the FB PT may fit better than a large. My dd is 21+months old and wears a medium FB for daytime use and a PT for nighttime. I am pretty sure she would swim in a Large but, maybe I am wrong. Just for reference my dd is about 33 inches tall and weighs about 24-25 lbs.

kristenk
06-18-2005, 02:05 PM
I'll definitely post a picture when I put her in one again. I think you're right about the PT size, though. However, it surprised me when I first put the dipe on her, because I was starting to do the thigh snaps on the tightest setting but that seemed way too tight for her. Of course, I changed my mind again and then tried to resnap, by which point DD was getting sorta annoyed and so it was hard to really check the fit! I'll post pics later today or tomorrow.

pritchettzoo
06-18-2005, 03:20 PM
There should not be gaps at the thighs or the pee will pour out of there. It shouldn't cut off her circulation either though! Check the fit when she's standing and sitting. The waist doesn't matter as much. The magic gel inside Pampers absorbs differently and paper can never have a perfect fit around a thigh. :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)