PDA

View Full Version : Overnight problems...

mommy_someday
06-20-2005, 09:18 AM
I don't CD (DH would never go for it - I already asked!) so DS wears sposies. He is a big boy at 5-months-old and already wears a size 3 in Pampers. I usually leave him in the same dipe all night long to avoid waking him up - he's sleeping SO well right now, has two feedings during the night and always goes right back to sleep. Well, in the last week or so, his diapers have gotten so full that they're starting to leak. A couple times he's had a BM and the diaper is so full of urine that the more "solid" stuff oozes out the top and above his legs. Sorry if that was gross. Anyway, he's not really to the weight limit of the size 3s (still has a couple of pounds to go) so I don't know that we should upgrade to size 4s yet. Do I just need to start changing him during the night even if it wakes him up?

It's pretty obvious this is my first time, huh? :O)

TIA

JBaxter
06-20-2005, 09:31 AM
I would go to the 4's. It will giveyou more length and holding power. I also found Huggies overnights worked well for us in the super peeing stage. < I never would wake up Nathan to change him>
Good Luck
Jeana

ribbit1019
06-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Go for the 4's. If you are having problems with leakage then I would say that you need to move him up a size. Maybe try just for night time first and see if you need to move him up full time or not.

The weight recommendations are just a guideline anyway.

Middle of night changes may equal more disturbed sleep for mama...not good in our house. :P

Christy
Maddy aka "Little Miss Squirmy Monster"

How old is Maddy? "UN! AAAYYYY!" ClapClapClap

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

almostamom
06-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Erica,

We use disposables at night also. Once DS started sleeping through the night, we started having leaking issues. I put a cover over the disposables and that solved the problem for us. My favorite one is the Green Earth Cover - it's pretty inexpensive ($7) and thin enough that his jammies still fit. You can find them at www.lilbunz.com or I just ordered mediums from http://www.earthybirthymama.com/covers/greenearth.html

Good luck
~Linda~
DS 11/04

kristenk
06-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Have you ever tried Huggies Overnites? I think that's what they're called... I'm in the process of switching to cloth, but right now DD wears size 4 in Pampers Cruisers during the day, but I'll put her in a Huggies Overnite for the night - we're just getting ready to size up in the overnites. I highly recommend them!

We didn't start doing the overnites until DD stopped pooping during the night. If she pooped during the night and I knew about it, I'd probably have to change her just b/c I think it's sort of icky, but DD didn't have problems falling back to sleep after nursing. When I was still feeding DD several times during the night, I'd change her diaper before I fed her and then nurse her and she'd fall right back to sleep.

brigmaman
06-20-2005, 10:09 AM
We never got to the weight limit on disposables with my monster baby, Brig. I'd think moving to the 4s would give you more absorbancy as long as the fit is good. It helps to make sure there is some substance (absorbant material) on your babe's sides instead of just the tape. And also make sure that the waist is pretty tight. I think that they loosen up a bit after they are on a few hours.

mommy_someday
06-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Wow, you guys are great! I was afraid that I was being selfish in not wanting to change his diaper and wake him up since it would mean *I* would have to be up longer...but it seems like this is a fairly common issue. That makes me feel SO much better! I'm calling DH after this to have him pick up some Huggie's overnights on his way home from work tonight. We'll see how that goes. If extra reinforcements are needed, then I will definitely try Linda's suggestion of the Green Earth Cover!

Thanks again!