PDA

View Full Version : First CD Post--You Sucked Me In

shburks
06-20-2005, 08:54 PM
OK, I've been reading over here for a while since my friend (KATIE!) CDs and while I was *never* going to CD myself, I was just fascinated by the whole thing. We recently moved to a new state, and my friend gave me a Bumkins AIO (kind of as a joke!). I tried it and decided it's not so bad. Hmm...now I have the bug! I've been reading and reading on here and have ordered a couple more Bumkins AIOs and have others sitting in my shopping cart that I haven't been brave enough to order yet! :)

I just wanted to thank you all. I've learned so much from reading on here. Since a couple of other moms "came out of the closet" this week, I figured I should, too! I don't know that I'm going to be too brave and really just want to do AIOs right now and only part-time. If anyone has any great thoughts on AIOs and/or good sites, I'd love to hear them!!

Susan

brigmaman
06-20-2005, 08:57 PM
WELCOME!!!!! For aio's, I like Very Babys. I've heard good things about Bumware aios as well. In general, I find solids to be more reliable than prints.

mudder17
06-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Welcome! My friends (of twins) use Kushies AIOs that they really like. It seems to be a good deal for the price. Also, if you don't have a heavy wetter, Angelwraps AIOs are really nice, although pricier.

Of course, you could always try fleece or wool AIOs! ;) Nita has found some Fleece AIOs that she really likes.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

ktshea
06-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Hahahahahaha! So glad you've come "out" and are having fun shopping, Susan! Welcome to the Dark Side. :)

nitaghei
06-21-2005, 09:57 AM
AIOs can be great if you don't have a super soaker. My DS has become what I would consider a moderate soaker, and we do just fine with AIOs.

For inexpensive AIOs - I really like Little Lambs
www.cutest-cloth-diapers.com

She has an ebay store, and they are always instock. People have had wicking issues with prints, but I had NO problems whatsoever with the two white ones I had.

Daisy-doodles are super trim
www.daisy-doodles.com

I think the best way to get them is to join her yahoo group.

Angelwraps are nice and trim, and somewhat breathable. Also instock but a little pricey.
www.angelwraps.com

Bumkins AIOs, as you've found out are inexpensive and easy to find. The down side is the flannel feels wet, and stains easily.

For fleece AIOs, I love my Bijoubabygear.
www.bijoubabygear.com
She doesn't have any listed - I emailed her and begged, and Jamie was nice enough to accomodate me.

If I was still in the market for fleece AIOs, I'd snag the Earth Seedlings custom slot
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=99953&vid=41

I also have a fleece AIO from Cherry Bomb Baby on the way.

I also have a bunch of WIOs, which are a little more work and $$$, but great for summer.

HTH

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)