PDA

View Full Version : Seventh Generation brand diapers or wipes?

garden
08-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Anyone have experience with Seventh Generation? I just ordered one pack of newborns and one pack of wipes online, but I probably won't stock up on any brand until the baby is here.

TIA!

Sara
EDD 9.14

kensjen
08-01-2005, 12:37 PM
I use cloth diapers (and wipes) but I do occasionally use seventh generation diapers for plane rides, babysitting, etc. I love them! We have never had a leak, and he has worn them overnight on a few occasions. I just feel better using these instead of pampers, huggies, or whatever. And they don't have the terrible smell that some sposies have. Were you planning to use them full time?

The wipes are OK, but are not my favorite. They seemed a bit "weak"...tore easily, etc. But again, I am used to using cloth. I use huggie natural wipes for out of the house.

Definitely wait until your baby is born and see what works for him/her. Some brands just don't seem to work well on some kids. Overall, I really like the seventh generation dipes, especially when compared to tushies (another "natural" brand).

HTH!

tarahsolazy
08-01-2005, 12:55 PM
One of my friends CD'd until her daughter started solids, then couldn't hack it, LOL! They switched to the Seventh Gen dipes and they really like them. We use cloth but I used a few of hers when we were staying with them, while the dipes were in the wash. We also used one overnight. They worked very well, no leaks.

downwarddog
08-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Hi Sara,
I use CDs all day, & SG dipes at night. I love them! No leaks, & my DD is a very heavy wetter. I think they might run big -- my DD is 18+lbs & so I bought Larges, but they're HUGE & go almost up to her chest! So I'm still using Mediums & find she'll be in those for weeks to come. I think they are much softer than even Pampers, & don't have that annoying 'sposie smell. They are brown, which isn't so stylish, but because they are so soft & so much better for the environment than other dipes, I really don't care! :-)

I've never used the wipes as we use cloth wipes except when we're out. Then I use Huggies Naturals because I throw them in the wash w/the dipes & reuse them.

Good luck! I think you got good advice about not building a huge stash until your baby arrives -- you never know what you'll like until you have a real baby to use them on. (Oh, I kind of miss that newborn hiney!) :-)

All the best,
Lenore
Mom to Acadia, 9/04

downwarddog
08-02-2005, 03:26 PM
I forgot to add that if you visit their website, you can get coupons for both dipes & wipes, among their other products...

~Lenore
Mom to Acadia (Cadi), born 9/28/04;
dogs Loka & Colby;
plus 1 cat, Chelsea!

supercalifragilous
08-04-2005, 03:18 PM
We tried the Seventh Generation for a spell too. Like the PP, I was surprised at how big they were - DD has a pretty long rise and they were STILL huge. They weren't very soft and DH joked that it looked like we were "brown-bagging" her with cardboard but they worked and they didn't leak for us.

You could also try Tushies. They're very thick though. I think they also have a mail auto delivery service. The only natural wipes we tried were from Tushies and I couldn't stand the scent, plus they were very thin. I LOVE the Kirkland brand ones from Costco.

There's also another brand of natural sposie called TenderCare. If I remember right it has a picture of a bear on it. It's the economical version of Tushies (made by the same company) and thinner but still gel-free, latex-free, perfume-free, and dye-free.

omgrown
08-07-2005, 06:04 PM
We used the 7th Gen sposies for a while when DS was tiny (we were mostly CDing then, using 7th Gen's for outings and such) but I found them to be leaky and left alot of gel on his heiny. My DS has always been long and lean so they never fit very well around his thighs. Just know that they DO have gel in them, unlike the Tushies, which, I believe are gel-free.

SuenosDelMar
08-07-2005, 09:33 PM
I wasn't impressed with their diapers, but have used their wipes often. They work fine and are free of a lot of the chemicals that we try to avoid. You can get them on-line at www.gaiam.com which frequently has coupon codes so they are cheaper than other places.

littlecindy
02-08-2008, 03:35 PM
i love them both. they seemd to work just as well for leaks as huggies or pampers. and i like that the wipes don't smell all chemical-ly.