PDA

View Full Version : Ugh: Canada shipping, has anyone had problems?

aliceinwonderland
08-01-2005, 01:41 PM
How long does it usually take?? This was shipped over two weeks ago(had it sent to Chicago), nothing here yet.

i have no problem at all with the sender, she has been very responsive, etc. But I guess I'm getting impatient.

psophia17
08-01-2005, 02:39 PM
It really, really depends on where the shipping starts. I live near Vancouver, and can generally get things to the States quickly, since there's a huge mail routing place right in Vancouver. Something that has to make it from a local post office to a bigger post office to the routing place to the airport can take quite a while - mail within Canada takes forever, too. The longest my Mom in NY has waited to get mail from me was 15 business days...

The good news is that once a package makes it over the border it gets there in no time :)

bcky2
08-01-2005, 03:49 PM
did she send it ground or air? air they say takes up to 3 weeks and ground up to 3 months. i have gotten items in 1-2 weeks going the air route. i have also sent things that way and they always get there in a week, two at the most. i would check to see how she sent it :) (im in chicago too so it should be about the same time length)

aliceinwonderland
08-01-2005, 04:06 PM
She said up to two weeks so I'm assuming air.

Crisyn
08-02-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm in Canada, and ship fairly regularly to the US.
I have found that 10-12 business days is the average for Canada Post to get a package to the US. So, just over 2 weeks isn't cause for concern yet.
She should have a tracking number from the Declaration form, as long as the package wasn't very small and sent by International Small Packet, so you can check and see where it is right now.
HTH.

quinnsmom
08-03-2005, 04:30 AM
shipping from canada is REALLY expensive. It totally sucks. :( So ya, your quote is real.