PDA

View Full Version : Diapers, Diapers, Diapers

E&E
07-25-2001, 09:30 PM
What is everyone's experience w/ Diapers? The big brands and the store brands. I have a 6 month old little girl and here's what I've found so far:

PAMPERS BABY DRY: I like these. I prefer velcro tabs to the sticky tape, and for the price these could have velcro, but they are still very good diapers. They are generously cut, well made, and I have NEVER had a leak. One thing that bugs me, the printed band on top. For size N and 1 the designs were fine. At sz. 2 they began getting a little garish. Now at sz. 3 they are so bright and God awful I have decided to try other brands. Especially in the summer when you don't use a onesie all the time, they show right through many outfits! Best prices I've found are at BJ's Wholesale club. Also if you get the 15% off BBRUs coupon and use it with a Pamper's coupon...I've gotten them as low as 15 cents a diaper.

PAMPERS PREMIUM/CUSTOM FIT: There has NEVER been a better diaper. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these. But they are TOO expensive. I only get these when they are on sale (or when my husband gets a bonus check!:) but if I had all the $in the world, this is all I would buy. Bar none.

HUGGIES ULTRATHINS: I tried. I really did. I wanted to like them. But I always end up with leaks. These are ALWAYS on sale in my area, but I'd rather pay more than have my little girl wet.

LUVS: While the construction and quality is on par w/ Pampers, I really don't like the plastic covering. It also "crinkles" when you lift the baby...don't like that! But they are economical and work very well - never had a leak w/ these either.

ESPECIALLY FOR BABY (Toys R Us Brand): I really like these. They do tend to be a bit bulkier than name brands, but not by much. The tasteful band on top is appreciated as are the velcro tabs. These work really well for me and they are very inexepnsive. The only thing I have found is that I sometimes need to get one size bigger than I would in Pampers. My baby is currently in sz 3 Pampers, but sz 4 of EFB.

TARGET ULTIMATE STRETCH DIAPERS: These are really good too. I was very surprised, but I like these. They are thin, have great velcro tabs, they are VERY tastefull...no loud Barney or Animal Prints. And again, very inexpensive..

I'd really like to hear other people's opinions and where you get your best diaper bargains.

jennifermiller
07-25-2001, 10:31 PM
I agree with you about the Pampers Premium/Custom fit. They are absolutely the best out here. Of course, we only get them when we have coupons, which is frequently). My second choice is Target Ultimate. I do like that Caroline can wear a pale outfit in the summer without having Elmo or Big Bird peeking out from under, like she would with Pampers. The Target brand is identical to the Publix store brand, right down to the pale green pattern on the diaper band. The prices are about the same except when Publix has sales.

shumev
08-02-2001, 09:11 AM
I absolutely love Target brand diapers, both regular and ultimate. If you like Huggies type of diapers, these are a steal. The CVS (drugstore) ultimate brand is the same, too.

Pampers fit my DS only some of the time. They were too tight around the legs. I prefer the Huggies type diapers because of the velcro tabs and the lack of pampers smell.

Geebee
08-02-2001, 10:09 AM
I use Pampers Premium. They are great, but expensive.

After looking at these posts, I am interested in the Target brands and checked them out yesterday. What is the difference between the two lines (regular and ultimate)? Do you know if/which ones are comparable to Pampers Premium? Pampers just seem to fit my daughter better than Huggies, so I need something comparable.

I just don't want to buy a whole bag and have them leak (the small bags were $8 or so). I had to give away a box (a big box from Sam's) of Pampers Baby Dry, because they leaked on my daughter. I used the Pampers Baby Dry for a year or more. My daughter was wearing a size 4, and they started to leak. I figured that it was time to move to the size 5. The size 5 leaked, and Huggies low-end size 5 leaked. (I tried Huggies when my daughter was a few months old, and they leaked.) And then I talked to some friends, and they said that there was no way that my daughter should be in a size 5 at her age, height and weight (average for her age). So, one of my friends gave me 2 Pampers Premium in the original size 4, and they are great! So, now I am afraid to try anything else, and I just suck up the high price. It is just frustrating to buy a bag of diapers and then have them leak!

Thanks for your help.

Minnie Mouse
08-14-2001, 11:29 AM
Our daughter is only just over 3 weeks old, but...here goes!

They had newborn Pampers in the hospital and they swam on her. We had bought a package of each (Pampers and Huggies) and had packed some Huggies in her diaper bag...they fit so much better.
In addition to the basic fit, we also liked the velcro a ton better than the sticky tabs.

We'll have to see what fits her as she grows out of the newborn diapers.

Christine

mkkrum
08-20-2001, 08:39 PM
The "low-end" Target diapers (light green package) are made by the same people that make many of the generic diapers. They have the license for Baby Muppets, so if the generics have little Kermie or Miss Piggy on the bag, it's them. We buy them under Sam's Club's "Smiles" brand name. When Target has a sale, they are the better buy, but in between sales we head for Sam's.

In the last 7 months (Sam's didn't have jumbo size 1-2 in Smiles for the first two months) we have only had one leak problem, although it was a doozie. I'm still sold on these generics. Our Sam's sells them for $24.99 right next to Huggies Ultratrim and Pampers Baby Dry for $32.99. Ouch!

momtotyler
08-21-2001, 02:16 AM
We've tried Pampers (size 1s and 3s), Babies R Us brand (size 1s or 2s), Huggies Ultrathins and Huggies Supreme. We like Huggies the best. We've never had a problem with leaks with Huggies and they fit our big baby (18.5 lbs at 5 mos) well.

He has been between sizes for a few weeks. (He had been in Huggies Ultrathins 3s that were getting tight, then bought Pampers 3s and had pleanty of room but we don't like them, then in Huggies 4s which were too big, now in Huggies Supreme 3s that fit great!)

We like HUGGIES for many of the same reasons already listed...velcro closure, fit better on our baby (they do tend to run smaller than the listed weight ranges though...not just for us but our friends say the same), never had a leak, available at Costco, etc. Only thing that bothers us is that there is something in the diaper that seems to discolor the top part of our baby's legs a little...maybe the lotion. Goes away during naked time and baths. Supremes aren't worth the extra $ in my opinion unless you are in between sizes...they seem to be cut more generously. We got them on sale at Babies R Us and used coupons so they were comperable to the ones we usually buy at Costco.

Pampers dislikes--smell of the diaper...we think the lotion in the diapers stinks...kind of a chemical baby powder smell but can also smell like a poop to us, tape closure, color and pictures on waist band that show through clothes. Advantage is the generous fit although they seem to swallow babies at the lower end of the weight range--yes, even ours.

Babies R Us brand--good diapers in general...didn't have a leak in them but the tab that attaches the velcro to the diaper was made out of a pretty stiff plastic that left our baby's legs red from rubbing against it and almost chapped. Won't buy them again for that reason but maybe babies with normal or smaller sized legs would do fine.

We still plan to try Pampers Premiums when they are on sale and we have coupons just to see what they are like but if they have the same smell we will skip them altogether. I don't know why Pampers don't come in unscented versions.

--Cameron

minamorin
02-02-2002, 03:46 AM
maybe i am the only person who is bothered by this, because no one else mentioned the EXTREMELY STRONG perfume in pampers premium. i CAN'T stand it. it cannot be good for sensitive baby's skin. (i should mention that i got a sample diaper and immediately turned off by the perfume, so i didn't even bother to buy a bag.)

minamorin
02-02-2002, 07:40 PM
i was using huggies newborn on my son, who is 12 days old, and was 6.5 lbs when he was born. it leaked almost every diaper! i purchased pampers newborn (it does not have that strong perfume smell, thank goodness), and just put one on him -- so i can't report on the results just yet. i will later when i get a chance.

but i looked at and compared the products closely, and did notice that pampers have wider inner-elastic thingie than huggies -- you know, that elastic part that's supposed to keep things inside of the diaper. it's also cut a little wider. maybe this will make a difference.

i'll keep everyone posted.

emmiem
02-02-2002, 09:22 PM
I use Pampers Premium and do not smell a thing. I am fragance sensitive also so I understand the problem. My baby's skin is very sensitive as well. Are you sure it was Pampers Premium?

suzska
02-02-2002, 11:54 PM
Oh, yeah. It's Pampers. My husband complains about the smell all the time. I don't think it's that bad, but it is noticeable. It's sort of a "baby powder" scent.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

Jeanne
02-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Pampers Baby Dry is just okay. They seem to swell excessivly and that bugs me. Blow-outs are never contained either.

Huggies fit my small daughter better but the moment one drop of urine hits the diaper, it reeks. They also leave gel balls on her. Yuck! Blow-outs are much better contained though.

Pampers Premium don't seem to be much different than the Baby Dry except in price - just too high when I can't see that much of a difference.

I tried a brand carried in Walmart called White Cloud and liked them. They fit my daughter well. Thay have an elasticized waist band, velcro tabs, and don't bulk up. My only complaint is that the side bands that go around the hips should be longer. But I really like that they are thinner and the elastic around the legs contain the blow-out.

Tried the Babies R Us brand (can't remember the name) and they fell off her butt. I didn't like the tape either.

HOBSON725
02-05-2002, 12:09 PM
i know exactly what you are talking about when you said that w/huggies when one drop of urine hits it, it reeks!!! i am about finished w/my huggies pack and will use the target brand(size 1). i liked the luvs brand too.

egoldber
02-05-2002, 01:06 PM
FYI, Pampers has recently "updated" the Baby Dry line and they now also have the velcro tabs like the Pampers Premium. You need to look at the package, since some stores may still have the older style on the shelf. I used Huggies once and didn't like the way they fit my average sized (50th percentile everything :-) ) 6 mo. old baby girl. I have not really noticed a difference in how the Baby Dry perform vs. the Premium in terms of blow-outs. I only buy the Premium now when I have a "Premium only" coupon and they are on sale. I have heard from Moms with older babies (mine is only in size 3's) that when babies start to crawl & walk that the Premium Custom Fit are then the only way to go.

I find that blow-outs (at least for us) tend to happen when we are nearing the size cut-off and that I then need to go up a size. I do find with Pampers that I need to go up a size when we are still a pound or 2 below the upper cut-off mark for that size diaper.

I am also VERY perfume sensitive (can't walk through the perfume section of Macy's) and I must say I have noticed a faint odor from Pampers, but nothing like what has been described above. This may vary by package and also some may be more sensitive than others.

I think that all diapers MAY leave those gel globs occasionally. I have only noticed it once with one package of Baby Dry's (out of dozens).

Just my $.02,

teresajill
02-12-2002, 12:04 AM
I just couldn't stand the smell of the things (the clean ones), so they were ruled out pretty early on.

My baby has always been really big for her age and I've found that the Huggies Supremes work much better for her than the other Huggies types. Once she hit a size 4, the "comfort stretch" on the Supremes made an unbelievable difference. They're great! On the downside, she frequently gets little gel balls on her flesh.

Another mother already mentioned this, but I thought it'd repeat it for the newbies.

If your baby is having blowouts (especially up the top of the back) consider the possibility that you need to move to a larger size diaper. Ignore the weights on the bag...they're not even close to being right for my daughter. Also, be aware that every time you move up a size in diapers, the overlap in weight between the sizes goes up substantially.

I've heard that the Target brand diapers are fantastic for long skinny babies.

Melanie
03-04-2002, 02:20 PM
As a newborn, my son's diapers were always creeping down. My husband called it "plumber's syndrome!" LOL! Anyway, we went through Pampers, Huggies, BRU, White Cloud & settled on Target. The White Cloud fit just as well as Target, but our son seemed to be sensitive to something in them b/c his skin turned pink. We use Target exclusively, but I am interested in the commercials for Huggies that say they have stretchy sides. Unfortunately I have noticed the name brand diapers do not list their "features" on the bags, so I don't want to buy them just to have them turn out to be the old style. My son is also long & skinny baby. We generally have to bump up to the next diaper size before he gets to the end of their weight range.

Mommy to Little Jonah born 11-6-2001

loungeboykip
03-08-2002, 02:16 AM
My wife and I are expecting our first child in July.
We're new to the parent business, so my questions are pretty basic:

I take it from everything I've read on the msg boards here that the choice of diaper really comes down more to what fits your baby (and budget) than anything else.

So, does that mean I should buy each brand at each size and see what fits the baby better? Sounds like an unwieldy proposition.

Also, I've noticed lately that Target and one other store brand ( I forget now) are coming out with "supreme" versions of their diapers. Has anyone tried these? What's the difference?

And lastly, At Costco and BJs they have these enormous-sized boxes of diapers marked "1-2." Is that a box containing 1s and 2s, or is 1-2 a completely different size?

Forgive the worrisome dad who's in charge of all the research. ;-)

HOBSON725
03-09-2002, 08:31 AM
After some trial and error I believe we've found a system that works for DD:
Use Pampers Premuium or Pampers Baby-Dry at night. During the day, we use Baby Dry. I plan on trying Target Supreme soon.

Hated Toys R Us brand...we had leaks with those all the time.

Huggies would always fall off of her bottom(lol) and I didn't like the way they smelled when just a tad bit of urine hit them! I used those up very quickly.

When DD can use an overnight diaper, I want to try Luvs overnight. I hear Luvs are comparable to pampers.

egoldber
03-09-2002, 11:49 AM
I did not use these diapers myself, but I have friends who did. They told me that they were an "in-between" size, bigger than a regular Huggies 1 and smaller than a 2. They said these were only available at Costco type places. I would be a little careful purchasing diapers in the smaller sizes in such large quantities. My baby only spent a couple weeks in the size 1's before going to size 2's. Personally, we waited until she was in the larger sizes that they stay in longer before buying at Costco. Also, in the early days you probably want to experiment with brands to find out what fits your baby best. :-)

HTH,

wendy03060
03-22-2002, 10:44 AM
Worked in infant childcare throughout college and during my vacations as an elementary teacher. Can tell you from experience with dozens of babies and all brands of diapers that most generics are just as good as the name brands.

On my own children I use the Dry Bottoms brand from Wal-mart. (Suzy's Zoo ducks on them.) Economical and they work like a champ on both daughter and son. Have found that the absorbant material in Pampers tends to slide into the crotch and bulk up between the legs once it is wet. Also find the smell of Pampers offensive. (Amonia smell, maybe???) We are also big fans of Target brand diapers.

Oh, and I have been tickled to find that the only brand I have experienced leaks with on a somewhat regular basis with our own children was Luv's. And their claim to fame is being tough on leaks??? Whatever.

tjham
05-18-2002, 02:29 AM
My DIL loved Huggies for her baby through 1 and 2 but now in size 3, she's having those gel balls and hates them! Wonder what the deal is with them? We bought the 1-2 Huggies at Costco until they were too small and then bought 3's. What a surprise! There's no way you can go from the 1-2's directly to the 3's! What are they thinking? We had to buy regular size 2 Huggies elsewhere until she gained a few pounds. I compared a 1-2 with a regular 1 and it was exactly the same size. I don't get the supposed 1-2 combination.

I have bought Adorables at K-mart and think they are as good as Huggies.

HOBSON725
05-19-2002, 05:56 AM
We have changed our "diaper system" since my last post:
Use Luvs during the day and haven't had a leak at all! I find Luvs comparable to Pampers but minus the high price. But I will buy Pampers if I have a coupon(a really good one that is!)
At night, we use Huggies overnights. The smallest size they make is size 3 but my DD is not big enough for that size. We use them anyway and no leaks! She sleeps all night and those diapers can hold some pee!!!!LOL I will try LUVS overnights when I run out of Huggies coupons.

luvbeinmama
05-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Someone mentioned, and I thing they are right, that it really depends on your baby... how tall & thin or short & thick they are. My sil never used Huggies as they always fell off her very thin son. I used Huggies from Newborn to Size 3 and LOVED them, they worked great on my medium sized son (no gel balls for me). Oh, and I've always had to move up a size when he reached the low weight on the next size up. When we moved to size 4, Huggies started leaking on me, so I tried Pampers baby dry and have been using them since. As for the velcro, actually at the time I moved to the Pampers, my son was pulling at the velcro tabs, so tape was a god-send at that point. Now that Pampers has changed to velcro, he's past that point, so it's not an issue anymore.

As for generics, I found they never held as much as the brand names, I tried a couple... Toys R Us brand, and Drypers. They Toys R Us brand I just gave up on. The Drypers I would only use during the day, never at night, or there was leaking in the morning.

Pampers Baby Dry seemed to hold the most urine, even when compared to the Pampers Premium (which ARE really great diapers, I use them when I have coupons + sale). Tried Huggies Supreme once, they were fine. One time I made the mistake of not checking close enough and the tip of my son's penis was between elastic bands... pee EVERYWHERE!!! Never made THAT mistake again!! LOL!!

CTMHBonnie
06-02-2002, 10:16 PM
Well, I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet, so I will. We refuse to try Luv's because of my husband's and my strong dislike of Barney. :-)
We started with Pampers newborn, because they had the top cut out and still use Pampers. I tried both Baby Dry and Premium and couldn't tell that much of a difference. We use Baby Dry all the time now and hardly ever have leaks. Sometimes I don't make it tight enough, so she gets plummer's diaper and can leak. I was given Huggies as a gift and HATE, HATE, HATE Huggies! I think we ruined more outfits from poopy stains than with any other diaper. They just leaked around the legs all the time. I haven't tried Target brand yet, but have tried Shopko brand premium (a discount store in the Midwest) and they were also good. Better than huggies, but not as good as Pampers, IMO. My daughter is 4 1/2 months old and is 12 lbs. She weighed 6 lbs, 1oz. at birth, so maybe her legs were smaller and that's why Huggies leaked . But I don't care to try again and have more messes.

nateykai
06-09-2002, 03:47 PM
I am expecting my third child in August... my youngest child is 4 years old. In my experience, Luvs had such a strong odor that I was actually able to locate the package by the scent when my older child would move it.

I really liked Luvs (except the scent), but when they started with the Barney waistbands, I had to give them up. I mean, the scent I could deal with, but Barney...

I'm not really a decorative waistband person, and after Luvs, I tried the (I think) Target brand. I was wondering, which brand was the one with the light green on the waistband? Was it the lower-end or the Supreme? Forgive me if someone has answered this already.

egoldber
06-09-2002, 05:42 PM
I was very anti-Luvs because of the Barney thing UNTIL I realized how cheap they were. At least at the the Target near me (Fair Lakes Target in Fairfax, VA), the jumbo pack is $7.19. This is a dollar cheaper than the Target brand ($8.29) and $4 cheaper than Pampers BabyDry (not on sale). Generally, they are cheaper than Pampers on sale AND using a coupon. They are virtually identical to Pampers BabyDry (made by the same company, P&G). For $4 a pack, I can live with Barney. This also makes them cheaper than the Pampers BabyDry at the Costco/Price Club near me.

I have noticed in other places that they are not quite as cheap, but you may want to check out Target if one is near you.

HTH,

cglow9
08-18-2002, 10:20 AM
RE: Target brand diapers.

I am in Chicago, and Target does have a store brand of diaper, but it is NOT called 'Ultimate stretch' - I think it is called 'Loving Touch' but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, I have had success with them - but he is still in the newborn size....

Chris

laura_winckler
08-18-2002, 01:06 PM
This is the main reason that we have stuck with Huggies over Pampers. I think that Pampers reek and are even worse when they are wet!

I wish that they hadn't changed the Smiles brand diapers. I liked the old ones so much better and they are so cheap! The new ones seem very plastic-like to me.

As long as I'm telling you what I don't like (;-)), I also don't like the big character print on the Huggies Supreme. It would show through some of my son's clothes.

I might have to try Target brand. I've never tried those.

mama2be
08-18-2002, 07:23 PM
I'm due with my first in Feb. and going thru these chats and the archives and taking notes...from what I see I've seen nothing negative about Target brand. I'm bypassing all of the experiments and trying them first thanks to all of the insight on this forum (and others). If I don't have a problem I'm staying put :)
Thanks to all!!!
Must say though when I saw those adorable animal pamper ads "forever young" I thought I'd be a pampers gal just becasue I loved that ad...:)

missmelis01
10-15-2004, 11:47 PM
My DS is 6 months, and we started off using Pampers premium, and I used to swear by them. That was until my son started pooping out of them almost every day. :o

Out of frustration, I began trying other diapers and found that Huggies Supreme work great. Though I must say my curiosity is peaked about the Target brand.

A note about Luvs -- my sister, who has 3 kids, swears by them, but all of her kids used to get horrible diaper rash, and I used to argue it was the diaper. I have never used Luvs because of my suspicions about the diaper rash, and I must say my son never has so much as had a red tushy. Whether it's the diapers or not, I don't know! :-)

As far as diaper bargains, I buy in bulk when my son first moves into a new size. Buying in bulk cuts down on the price per diaper. I buy my diapers at discount stores like Walmart and even Babies R Us, and avoid the supermarkets. I also get coupons in the mail and use them regularly.

DawneLeigh
10-19-2004, 01:04 PM
I have tried everything and absolutley love Especially for Baby from BRU. Pampers smell is too strong and feel very wet to the touch, both Baby Dry and Cruisers. Huggies made a red mark on my DD's leg and her legs are very thin! Luvs leaked and felt wet. I agree that EFB tend to run small but I have never had a leak poroblem with them even overnight.

AdoptChina
10-19-2004, 01:37 PM
My older boys wore huggies ultrathins...did great in those. My daughter fit better in pampers (the premium ones in the purple pack)....I like these better than the baby dry.
My youngest son started out in huggies supreme but the little beads inside the diaper kept ending up in his skin so we switched to pampers for him too (although he does wear the huggies overnights)

Luvs...these were ok on leaks, didnt love them lol (plastic)
CVS...these were ok too
Dripers...HATED these (the padding separated when wet)
White Cloud....leaked..hated them

kransden
10-19-2004, 01:50 PM
You usually come home with Pampers swaddlers for newborns. For the next size, see what is cheapest in your area. I used Huggies for my dd exclusively until she was 18 mos old. They were the best price for fit for her. After that, it didn't seem to matter what she wore. Pampers and Huggies are cut a little different so you usually stick with the same brand, you don't normally change brands every size.

BTW I used one box of the 1-2 from Sams. Then dd's hiney was ready for the box of 2s. As Beth said they are a seperate size. Usually when they hit size 3 or 4 they stay in those sizes for a while.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

dules
10-19-2004, 01:53 PM
We switched from cloth to disposables at a size 3, so no real exp before then.

Right now we have Huggies Supreme and (because of coupons) next, Pampers Cruisers. I like how flexible both of these are with the elastic and stretchiness in the legs, waist and sides.

Do the Target or BRU brands have this same stretchiness? That's what's kept me away from Luvs.

Also with Huggies Supreme we get gel balls on her skin, even if she's only been wearing the diaper for an hour or less and it doesn't feel wet or heavy (like maybe she peed once). What's up with that?

Best,

Mary

saschalicks
10-19-2004, 03:32 PM
OK, this thread has been SUPER helpful.

Here's where we're at:
Pampers Newborn were too big. Huggies newborn were great.

I loved size 1 Huggies Supreme, but don't love size 1 ultratrim because he's leaking all of the time especially at night. So I thought I'd go to size 2 Huggies Supreme because they are great for in between, and they are just too big in the legs. As another poster stated the Supremes are great for the in between sizes, so right now the 1s are too small and 2s too big.

Size 1 pampers are too small, but size 2 are too big. I have the cruisers, which were handed down.

I was at wits end this morning when PJ #2 for the night was soaked. Now reading this I'm telling DH that we have to go to Target tonight and find the Especially For You (Target brand where we are), which we tried in Newborn once and liked. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that the Ultratrim were the problem, not the size. Thanks ladies.

BTW my aunt swore that ultratrim were the best esp. for boys, but my DS is not doing well, so it just goes to show that it depends on the baby.

AdoptChina
10-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Have you tried the diaper doubler inserts? They helped a lot when Connor was younger and wetting through at night

anuta
08-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Beth,

we must live in the same area since this is also the Target closest to me.
Shoppers in Fairfax (Pickett and Main st.) always has a sale on one of the brand name diapers, Pampers or Huggies for $8.99/package. With a coupon its not a bad deal. Also, when I bought Pampers there, they gave me a checkout coupon for $3.00 Huggies (or was it the other way around, I don't remember...). I could combine it with a manufacturer's coupon, I think I got that package for $4.00

Mommyto3
08-02-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm with you on this one...I have been using pampers premiums for over 2 years now, on 2 different babies and have never noticed a smell?? AND, I am extremely sensitive to smells (to the point of annoyance with DH) in addition, both my babies have sensitive skin and excema..still using dreft on the 1 year old..and have never had a problem...I am curious and feel compelled to now go and smell the diapers! LOL!

To throw in my .02 I am a huge pampers fan... no leaking, fit like a dream..but I really think that it makes a difference what size your baby is..my first DD was skinny, skinny...and I actually was hooked on huggies with her. Did not like huggies at all for the other 2. I do need to put myself on a better budget though, and should probably check out other diaper brands to save some $$, it's soooo expensive having 2 in diapers. It's just hard when you know that one brand works well..you hate to take a chance on another brand and waste $$ KWIM??

TahliasMom
08-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Over almost 15 months we have tried many and here is my review:

Huggies Newborn/pampers newborn - a big waste of money. DD was almost 8 pounds at birth and had costant blow outs with both. a week later we went up to size 1 in huggies ultrathin (i think they are called baby fit now) and no more leaks!!! bought at kmart/target with coupons

Huggies Regular - our good old standby. i love the fit, price and how well they hold DD's #1 and #2's. bought at costco

Huggies Supreme - absolutely love, love, love but too expensive (it's the only ones that would fit her when she was in between size 1 and size 2) target and kmart with coupons!

Pampers Baby Dry - hate, feel plasticy and never fit DD well

Pampers Cruisers - love the fit, hate the smell, pricey, tend to give DD diaper rash so we suspected it was the perfume in there (same with wipes) babies r us with coupons

LUVS - I hate, hate, hate. too plasticy and gave DD horrible rash.

NEW FIND thanks to BBB gals:
White Cloud Diapers at Walmart - great diapers. been using for 5 weeks, no leaks, no blow outs and CHEAP!!! Like $15 for a box of 112? size 3 diapers. not too bulky either. i should have tried this earlier and saved a bundle! this is what #2 is going to wear from day 1...:7