PDA

View Full Version : Rant! DD is in disposables...

ktshea
08-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Sorry to rant here, but I thought you gals would understand. I'm so mad right now. We ordered a front-loading washing machine in March. It took EIGHT weeks to get here. Then they delivered the wrong (cheaper) dryer and tried to get me to take it anyway. Once we got everything straightened out, I was very happy with my new FL washer/dryer set. Until Monday. The stupid washer went kaput in the middle of a cycle of towels. The lovely folks at Kenmore can't understand why I'm ticked that they won't come until NEXT WEEK THURSDAY (!) to fix my washing machine. I can't wait that long to wash diapers! I have dirty diapers here that I need to take somewhere and wash. I have my parents AND DH's parents in town this week from Chicago and don't have clean towels for them to use. And -- this is what really got me -- I had to go to the store and buy a package of disposable diapers. Seriously, can they charge $15 for 54 disposable diapers??? This is highway robbery! And I figure I'm going to need two of those packages, so that's $30. I've been sitting here thinking of the fun fluff I could have bought for $30. That's one and a half RB FLAGS. Or almost 2 VB Simply Nights (which I've been eyeing for weeks). Or a good start on a really nice wool cover. Grrr... Thanks for listening. I feel a little better. Think I can convice Kenmore to reimburse me for sposies? :)

new_mommy25
08-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Ugh, that sucks. Any chance you can run over to a friends house to toss in a quick load? We were out a washer for about 2 months when we remodeled our kitchen and laundry room so I totally feel your pain. AND, our Kenmore dryer went kaput shortly after we got ours too. Luckily they just brought in a brand new one. What is it with Sears?

mudder17
08-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Aw man, that really sucks! I have been fortunate that I have NOT had to buy any sposies (or formula), but I admit that every time I go to Sam's or Target or even the grocery store, as I pass by the baby aisle, I glance at the prices to see what I could be spending on sposies and formula! I'm shocked by some of the prices I see. I know that the thrifty mom (and dad) can find great deals on those things, but I also know that I'm one who doesn't like scouring for coupons and such, and I just breathe a sigh of relief that I haven't had to do that (keeping my fingers crossed). Hmm...maybe you should "reward" yourself with some new fluff just for having to go through all this aggravation! ;)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 17 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

slknight
08-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I totally feel your pain. I currently have a deep and intense loathing for Sears and Kenmore appliances. My washer broke yesterday (the 3rd) and the soonest they can come out and look at it is the 12th!!! You've got to be freakin kidding me. Fortunately, I had just washed all of the diapers (DS and DH are out-of-town) so I don't have any dirty diapers sitting around. However, all of my clothes are sitting in the washer which is full of water. ACK!! :(

I have had so many problems with this washer and dryer (the dryer is working but has been acting up for some time), that I am seriously considering buying new ones even though they are only 4 years old.

So no good advice for you, but lots and lots of sympathy.

trumansmom
08-04-2005, 10:21 PM
We had something similar happen a few months back. Then, of course, the day they were supposed to be here (which just *happened* to be a Friday before a long weekend) the one and only repair person called in sick. Which put us back at the end of the line! They wouldn't bump us up! Also, they charge $65 for a visit no matter what. What I've been told by a former employee is that they come out and tell you they don't have the part. So then you pay them another $65 (or whatever it is) to come back with the correct part and fix it.

We ended up calling a local Mom & Pop appliance store. It wasn't cheap, but it got done within 24 hours and with one visit.

Just my 2 cents. And I TOTALLY feel your pain!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

psophia17
08-04-2005, 11:17 PM
I just went through this drama - it took almost two weeks before everything was back in working order...having the big soggy tub of wet poopy diapers was so gross. And then FIL and DH decided to help by pouring detergent on top of the pile to keep the stinky factor down.

Let me just say that I had a GE w/d set, and they were so perfect. I will never, ever go with any other brand besides GE...how I long for them *sigh*

DebbieJ
08-04-2005, 11:56 PM
I had a similar situation with our Kenmores.

We entered into a contract on our house in Oct, but had a 2 month escrow, so we weren't moving in until January. We went to Sears to shop and ended up buying our He3t set over Thanksgiving weekend b/c of the super sales and rebates. We chose a Jan delivery date and thought everything would be fine since we were buying so far in advance.

Well, the date rolls around and we got a call from the delivery service. Our set was damaged in transit. Won't have another one for two weeks. Apparently, they don't keep these sets sitting around in the warehouse. They get them from the manufacturer as they're ordered.

So I kept calling and calling, begging for an earlier delivery. No can do, they told me. So I complained about how I would now have to go to the laundromat and spend money there when I should have my new machines that I bought months ago! The supervisor offered $35 for my trouble and expense. Not much, but better than nothing.

So call and complain and get them to cut you a check!!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

SuenosDelMar
08-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Do you have the maintenance contract w/ Sears? We do and when our dishwasher broke a few months ago, my husband called and they said they couldn't come out for a week.

I was ticked and made him call back. They told him the same thing. Then **I** called back and told them I was going to cancel my contract cause that was just ridiculous (they didn't really give a hoot about whether or not I cancelled). I also told them I needed the d/w to sterilze my baby's bottles, etc (just a tiny fib - we do wash her bottles in there though :) ) and asked to talk to a manager. The manager was busy, but was supposed to call back.

Well she did call back about 15 minutes later and I started my rant. She quickly interupted saying "how about if they come out to repair it 2 days from now?" So, I would call and b$tch to them about it saying you need it to sterilize your baby's diapers, etc. They *can* make exceptions and they always have cancellations.

I hope you get it fixed sooner rather than later. I could have lived w/o my d/w for a week, but not my washer! I didn't realize this "week" to repair things was across the board w/ Sears. We need a new fridge and I am thinking we will not be getting one from Sears.

ribbit1019
08-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Oh! How frustrating! I am glad we went with GE instead of Kenmore. We really debated and now that I see all these disatisfied customers, I am happy with our choice.
Of course our brand new dryer stopped turning after we had it for three weeks and the belt was installed backwards/upside down (duh!). But the repair guy came the next day and didn't charge us a cent!
At least it was the dryer and not the washer though, yuck.

Christy
Maddy - walking finally!

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
http://lilypie.com/days/060301/4/0/0/-5/.png

niccig
08-05-2005, 07:25 PM
I've had the same problem with Sears. We just moved into our new house in March to find that the dryer, which had been in storage, didn't work. I was told 2 weeks before they could come. I thought fine, I can live without the dryer, but then the washing machine, which had also been in storage, started to make a funny noise. I called to see if the repair man could fix it at the same time as the dryer. Not possible, I would have to wait another 10 days before they could come back. I immediately called an appliance repair store and had someone out that afternoon. He fixed both within 1 hour and it wasn't expensive. I will NEVER call Sears again. Who can wait weeks for a washing machine! Try a local repair store.

ktshea
08-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Wow. I had no idea that Kenmore gave people such a problem! We would call a local repair guy, but the washer is only like 3 months old, so it's under warranty and we have to wait for their repair guy if we want it fixed for free. Grrr... So I took some laundry (towels for all fo the family we have visiting right now!) to the laundromat yesterday (yuck), but I don't think I'll be doing any more diapers there. You can't do an extra rinse, and it's not somewhere I'd feel comfortable leting my daughter crawl around. Thanks for all of your sympathy -- it does make me feel better. :) I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be fixed on Thursday. And I think I will take Eileen's advice and buy some new fluff as consolation for this whole frustrating situation. Any suggestions?

shburks
08-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Laundromat, Katie? Yuck-O! :) You definitely need some new fluff!! (Don't tell Phil I said so.) Can't wait to see what you decide on.

Susan