PDA

View Full Version : changing from pampers

megs4413
08-08-2005, 10:23 PM
When my DD was first home, we had a number of different kinds of diapers that were given to us as gifts and I tried them all and discovered that I liked Pampers Swaddlers. They were the only ones that didn't leak which might be because she was on the small side when we fist came home. Anyway, I have been using them ever since as she has gone up in size becuase of that experience. I didn't like the leakage factor especially since we don't have a washer and dryer at home. However, she is about to outgrow the swaddlers and the next step would be Cruisers, so I'm thinking it might be a good time to change to a less expensive diaper. Does anyone have any recommendations. I really like the velcro tabs and I hate all the stupid bright characters on the Luvs (not a barney fan) so I'm looking for more of a subdued brand. I also like the cloth like feel of the swaddlers, but that's not so important. The most important thing is a snug fit and no leaks. Let me know if you have any recommendations.

new_mommy25
08-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Luvs has really improved actually. They have Blues Clues and they are very similar to Pampers Baby Dry.

squimp
08-08-2005, 11:50 PM
We've recently switched to Target brand, and I really like them. They seem to last as long as the Pampers (Baby-dry, I think, the green ones). I actually prefer them now, because they don't have "perfume" and they are all white in the back, so if they do manage to stick out off DD's pants by accident, it's white and not purple or green.

Momof3Labs
08-09-2005, 07:20 AM
I found the jump from Swaddlers to Cruisers to be huge size-wise. Huggies Supreme size 3 filled the gap nicely (and Huggies didn't work for us in smaller sizes) since they run small. Once she fully grows into size 3, try a package of Luvs. They have Blues Clues on them and IMO are perfectly adequate diapers. We've had no leaks in them, even overnight.

bcky2
08-09-2005, 09:05 AM
we are huge fans of the target brand in the reg or supream here. i do use luvs on occasion but still prefer my target ones as i get a better fit out of them :)