PDA

View Full Version : inexpensive fitteds for 3-6 m/o?

C99
08-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Rose is out of the KL0s at this point, so I am looking to pick up a dozen or so fitteds for her. I don't really like the KL1s. I was (and still am, really) an AIO girl for Nate, but have sold off most of the stash from that period, so I need something that will work until she gets big enough to wear his size L BB pockets. I don't want to pay more than $11-12 per dipe. Does such a thing exist?

JBaxter
08-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Loveybums has a few mediums instock for $12 each. Check out www.sunflowerderrieres.com She has size2 fitteds for $111 a dozen and gives a 10% mdc discount w/ free shipping over $100 AND you get to pick the fabric.
Jeana

pritchettzoo
08-16-2005, 03:33 PM
www.tykiediapers.com has specials on dozens--check under the "Cheaper by the Dozen" tab. I think they work out to $12ish for a hemp fitted.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

tarahsolazy
08-16-2005, 03:37 PM
How about small Motherease Sandies? They are supposed to fit between 8 and 20 lbs. They are $8.95 each, and you get one free if you buy 12. They are cushy, the terry has some poly in it so it doesn't get crunchy like the KLs can with hard water. I also like Loveybums a lot for reasonably priced simple WAHM fitteds. There is also a cute floral pink size medium dipe on sale for $12 at www.theenchantednursery.com . I like her fitteds and AIOs a lot. The AIOs are as trim a a sposie on Forrest. (and only cost $16 each)

Momof3Labs
08-16-2005, 04:09 PM
How about www.lucyshopechest.com? Her fitteds used to be quite reasonably priced; hopefully they still are. And they are all custom.

emelsea
08-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Cricketts diapers has some medium and larges that she is selling off for $9. They look like nice diapers.

http://www.crickettsdiapers.com/hempdiapers.html

houseof3boys
08-16-2005, 08:49 PM
What a great question. Riley is 6 months old but is quite a petite thing when it comes to her weight so I am having a hard time finding fitteds too. She is thin and tall and most of the dipes are too big in the legs for her and just float on her. My stash from Ryan is too big for her still so she has very few well fitting dipes right now.

Sorry to hijack, but what about some recs for skinny minis like Riley too. :)

Momof3Labs
08-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Don't buy these unless you don't mind VERY bulky, wrinkly doublers. Neve and I were the original "finders" of this defect, and it drove both of us crazy!!

Momof3Labs
08-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Hmmmm, we used to use Crickett's fitteds when Colin was about 4-5 months old. They worked okay (but were worse than seconds - see my response above). Have you tried an SOS? Probably too big right now. FBs worked pretty well for us back then. Gosh, I'll have to dig into our old stash and check it out - I don't remember what else we used back then!!

kitmama
08-16-2005, 09:32 PM
It's true that the doublers tend to get a bit lumpy, and the diapers and doublers take a looong time to dry. Also, the serging around the legs has a tendency to turn in. But littleman can STILL comfortably wear the med Crickett's that I bought way back when he was 6 mo old. The defects do not seem to bother him at all. They have been a real workhorse in our nighttime stash, and they are still in regular rotation here. These days, they are pretty trim on him.

For the price, it might be worth getting one and seeing what you think. Different things bother different people.

cvharris
08-16-2005, 10:08 PM
I remember loving the Sugar Peas front snapping hemp diapers at that stage. I think they run about $14, though, at least that's what I see them selling for on Naturalbabies. Those are some of the few diapers I saved from Ben's diapering days for the next babe. I remember using them with size medium bumpy covers.

I see that Montana's diaper store has the side snappers on sale for $13.50 and free shipping over $50. I never used the side snappers but I think they generally had good reviews.

Good luck!

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)
It's a BOY! Baby brother due 12/18/05

new_mommy25
08-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Bijoubabygear!! She's open for customs right now. Email Jamie for hemp. I think I paid $13 each for large plain hemp fitteds, free shipping. I chose the thread and snap color. She also has organic cotton and organic velour but it is a dollar or so more.

houseof3boys
08-17-2005, 07:30 AM
FB Mediums are too big and the 2 SOS I have are too big too.

It is so funny that she is so petite because she was 9 lbs when she was born! I never thought I'd have this challenge 6 months later. :P

knaidel
08-17-2005, 09:47 AM
At Mommy Marketplace, you can buy Nothing Butt Cloth hemp fitteds for $7-8. I think that someone here reviewed them and was happy with them, for the price.
I also know someone (bag over head) who has recently switched to prefolds and has some fitteds available. Maybe I'll go tell that person to list them on BBB Swap.

JBaxter
08-17-2005, 12:48 PM
I have 2 nothing butt cloth and both have had surging issues. I think someone else had the same problem with them also ( cant remember who ). I had to re stitch the edges.

bcky2
08-17-2005, 05:15 PM
i also had issues with the serging, it came out and the elastic came out after one wash. seekermage had the same problem and she got replacements and had the same problem with the replacements. i would sadly not recommend them :(

C99
08-17-2005, 10:24 PM
I checked out loveybums. What is the difference between the sherpa, velour and cotton? I guess I am not really picturing what all the fabric types are.

kensjen
08-17-2005, 10:31 PM
I was thinking loveybums too, her dipes are great. Also the size 1 sugarpeas, but they will run a bit more than $12....

Can't think of anything else, I haven't really bought diapers in awhile, so I don't know the latest and greatest. Hope you find something!!

almostamom
08-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Caroline,
I emailed you.

:)
~Linda~
DS 11/04

natividad
08-19-2005, 02:24 PM
We are in the same situation. Sebastian is outgrowing his KL0s as well. I have been resorting to digging out Alexander's Doodlebottoms in medium, which seem to fit Sebastian on the smallest setting. I am thinking of getting some Liz's Cloth in size 1. I have a size 2 for Alexander which has worked wonderfully. They are pretty reasonably priced as well. HTH!

http://www.zannadu.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=16262&cat=305

Naty

Momof3Labs
08-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Liz's Cloth are nice little dipes but beware that the size 1 is VERY tiny!! It didn't even really fit Colin at 18lbs, even though other size 1 dipes (like Sugar Peas) fit him for a lot longer.

natividad
08-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the warning Lori. I am still deciding. I know that Liz has a new style size 1 and 2 and I am wondering what is the difference between the new style and the old one. Part of me just wants to go ahead and order some small Sandys which we like a whole lot. Interestingly enough, my least favorite diapers in my whole stash are my Sugar Peas. We have two size 2 SPs and they have always been big on Alexander. Then again, he is a very slender toddler (2 and a half and not even 30 lb. yet). BTW Lori, congrats on your pregnancy!

P.S. Sorry for hijacking your post Caroline.

Naty

Momof3Labs
08-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Yeah, size 2 SP's are weird. Colin never fit in those, even now at 32lbs! But size 1 SP's fit him so well from about 16lbs to 25lbs.

Thanks for the well wishes!