PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what happens in these situations???

aliceinwonderland
08-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Just looking to see what the norm is here.

Ordered diapers in July, order was shipped July 15 and it has never arrived. It was from Canada and is apparently stuck in customs. I know it was insured.

The lady has been nothing but nice and responsive, but it is now the end of August, I am moving back to Philly soon, and just don't want to keep going back and forth with this, i have no time.

What happens? I frankly want my refund right now as I don't want to mess with this anymore, and it was a bit of money as it was multiple diapers. But it is not her fault canadian Post screwed up, so what exactly do I do??

Thanks ladies.

psophia17
08-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Speaking as someone who ships from Canada (when I can't convince anyone to make a drop-off over the border), I would say that at this point I'd ask the seller for a refund, and let her deal with Canada Post. Wherever the package is, whether in customs or lost in the States someplace (which happened all the time when I lived in NYC), eventually it will either get to you or go back to her.

aliceinwonderland
08-18-2005, 08:03 PM
thanks Petra. that is my inclination too, but i feel horrible, as she did not do anything to contribute to the situation. Of course, if it was some corporation of sort, I'd never bat an eyelash asking for my refund, but with WAHMs it's a whole different ballgame..

I just emailed to see if she had gotten any updates (Canada Post told her to call them back on the 18th, which is today).

psophia17
08-18-2005, 08:31 PM
That's the beauty (or one of them) of WAHMs - they don't want to screw you any more than you want to screw them. Here's hoping your package shows up after Canada Post shells out some $ to her, and then you get free diapers and she will get paid for them :)