PDA

View Full Version : Fabric tutorial

C99
08-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Can someone give me a quick tutorial? I checked out loveybums. What is the difference between the sherpa, velour and cotton? I guess I am not really picturing what all the fabric types are.

psophia17
08-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Are you asking about loveybums in particular, or fabrics in general?

SeekerMage
08-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Im not sure about the Loveybums since I dont have any fitteds from her, but in general, sherpa is kinda like a towel in that it has that kinda texture but its more matted and loopy type material rather then fringy is you know what I mean. Poor description on the sherpa really, its soft and fuzzy kinda bumpy I dunno. The velour think 70s jogging suits or kinda like a velvety type materail but in a good sense of the word in that they are super soft and you just want to pet it all day kinda feeling. Cotton, well cotton is usually a cotton knit which just think t-shirt. Of all the materails I LOVE velour...its soft and yummy and so far pretty stain resistant and washes up great. it stays as soft as the day I first got it. The sherpa I think eventually gets a little rougher and the cotton if its knit gets really pilly and looks worn quickly. Sooo if given the choice Velour hands down!

if anything...try getting a wipe or two. I know several places make sherpa velour wipes and even cotton combo wipes. You will be able to do the touchy feely then without all the high cost :) great for grubby hands and faces too :)

tarahsolazy
08-19-2005, 07:03 AM
Sherpa is just like what Kissaluvs are made of, but the LBs have snap-in soakers, so they dry MUCH faster. Its cushy and slightly stretchy. Velour is very soft and pettable, and dries fast. The cotton is just a jersey knit. It looks like hemp jersey, or sort of like a tee shirt. Not as stretchy, but probably more absorbant than velour. Trimmer than sherpa.

C99
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks!

lizajane
08-19-2005, 07:56 PM
if you need to feel them, i can send you a tiny scrap of each fabric. just email me!