PDA

View Full Version : disposable swim dipe as regular dipe?

mommy2sam
08-30-2005, 02:28 PM
We are a cloth family, but use disposables for travel (or days I didn't get to the laundry quite soon enough!). Our local grocery store has the Huggies swim diapers on clearance: $1 for 12! I don't know much about them, would they work as a regular diaper? Are they less absorbent that a typical sposie, or what?

Sillygirl
08-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Oh, don't do that! Swim diapers are basically poop holders. They can't absorb any fluid because otherwise they would just bulk up and the poor kids would be waddling around like ducks. So the pee just escapes. Plus they are made like undies - no tabs, so you have to put them on like a pair of grownup pants.

You may want some anyway in case you visit a public pool that requires them - otherwise I don't think you want them.

SarahK
08-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Not a good idea!! Liquid flows straight through swim diapers--they only hold the poop.

hez
08-30-2005, 07:15 PM
The other mamas handled the answer-- all I have to add is that DH tested out that theory by leaving Payton in his swim dipe too long. DH ended up with a lap full ;)

Buying them on clearance for *next* summer is a fabulous idea however-- they're usually in the 85-89 cents per diaper range.